Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Need some help with building my new arsenal

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by JCM View Post
    I was really just looking for suggestions of balls people liked for certain situations that might match up with what I was looking for. I like the idea of an aggressive symmetrical ball like the Haywire, but only on synthetics. On wood Solid and especially sanded balls aren't very helpful. Something like the Hyroad would probably be plenty on wood because my Scandal is almost too much. I just had the Code Red in mind because it seems like an asym Fusion. Same cover and finish, stronger core. But I'll likely wait on that one and try some surface on my Pitbull.
    The Haywire on wood unless the pattern is very heavy probably isn't going to be a good matchup. I like the idea of changing the surface on the Pitbull. The Pitbull/Haywire type balls and the Code Red/Black are different beasts the Pitbull is a low RG strong cover ball designed to get traction early in heavy oil the Code series of balls is designed more as a go long skid flip type of reaction both are asymmetric but designed to do very different things. I do think it would make an interesting stronger Fusion although the code red will be longer and flipper than the fusion was
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I ended up grabbing a brand new Haywire for a good price (I figured I might as well since they're discontinued now and likely to jump up in price). I also got a chance to throw a Hyroad and it's very close to perfect with my speed and revs on my normal shot. So I grabbed one of those as well. Not sure I'll drill the Haywire just yet, as the Pitbull has calmed down some after 50-60 games or so.

Ended up drilling up the Haywire with a switch grip. If I like it, I'll retrofit my other balls.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234