Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lt-48

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Lt-48

I bought a Brun. LT-48 a few years ago and used it some then put it in the basement. A few weeks ago I saw it and picked it up. It had cracked all the way around for no apparent reason. Then Last night a friend I was bowling with brought up that he had one and it had cracked all the way around. Is there a flaw in these balls and has anyone heard of any rebate or anything?

Chats: 204

Nope.

Balls crack.

The weird thing is...using them seems to keep them from cracking...which I'd expect the opposite.

If it was undrilled...the manufacturer warranty is usually 2-3 years and the company will replace it for free...with that ball or a current one. Sometimes when you buy one (bowlingball.com, bowlerx, etc...) online you can purchase an extra 1-2 years of warranty.

But generally, once the ball is drilled...all warranties are voided and the ball WILL eventually crack. Some believe certain brands are more prone to cracking...I believe Storm crack faster than other brands...but there's really no evidence behind that.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Pin Crusher

Just odd that a friend has the same ball crack exactly the same way. He used his 2 weeks ago. I know I used mine a few times around Christmas.

When a ball sits on a flat surface for an extended period of time... they tend to crack. I had 2 older ones that were fine going into storage that I took out several months later, both cracked. What I've heard - which, disclaimer, could be wrong - is the core/weight distribution weighing down on a single point becomes too much stress over time for the coverstock to handle.

Pin Crusher

What happened to the bowler who was elected to the board in southern NV. He used 12 lb. balls and averaged 180. He was also a staff member for Brunswick. He should know he knew a lot of stuff. He had every ball they ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    When a ball sits on a flat surface for an extended period of time... they tend to crack. I had 2 older ones that were fine going into storage that I took out several months later, both cracked. What I've heard - which, disclaimer, could be wrong - is the core/weight distribution weighing down on a single point becomes too much stress over time for the coverstock to handle.
    I heard this from my PSO. He quarter turns every ball, once week. If you store a ball, put it with the pin directly on top, but rotating it is better.
    Hammer Purple Urethane. Storm Surge Hybrid, Storm Pitch Purple, Roto Grip Hyper Cell.
    2 Storm Surge Pearl 4x4x2 and a no flare, ,Roto Grip Hot Cell, Roto Grip Haywire.
    2020/2021, Hi Average 219, Hi Game 289, Hi Series 771, 30 Clean 4, 700 Series 16.
    2021/2022, Hi Average 211, Hi Game 256 Hi Series 693, 30 Clean 0, 700 Series 0.
    Proud member of Bowlingboards.com Since 2013.

Pin Crusher

Just seems odd that in all the years I have been bowling it is the only one that ever cracked. I have left some in the unheated garage for 3-4 years and never moved them and they were fine.

Chats: 204

I just had another one crack today.

It's why I've somewhat abandoned my "closet of destiny" approach to bowling ball purchases...too many have cracked while sitting undrilled in the box.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    What happened to the bowler who was elected to the board in southern NV. He used 12 lb. balls and averaged 180. He was also a staff member for Brunswick. He should know he knew a lot of stuff. He had every ball they ever made.
    He had a total knee replacement and is rehabbing at the moment still on sometimes
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

I'm yet to have one to crack know lots of people who have had multiple crack. It's just luck.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast