Thread: Does PAP change?

Default Does PAP change?

Hey, Guys

I've been bowling off and on for most of my life but haven't really taken the game seriously until recently. I enlisted the help of a PBA certified pro and I feel like my game is really coming around. Of course, I'm a sucker for new toys and I'm getting interested in picking up a new ball. The ball I am currently using just doesn't work that well for me and even my pro suggested I might look into something different. That said, if I'm going to shell out the money for a new bowling ball, I want to get something that I can use for quite some time and I want to be sure to have it fitted properly by finding my PAP exc. However, since I am still in the early-middle stages of working on my game I was wondering whether my PAP might change significantly as I keep practicing and refining my game -- or is PAP something that stays pretty consistent? If it's something that will change I'll likely hold off on purchasing any new equipment but, if not, I'm going shopping!

Thanks!

Chats: 32

Your pap could change as your release develops. Changes in your pap versus your layout are unlikely enough to alter your balls roll enough to make a ball unusable for you though. If you improve your skills enough that certain equipment no longer does what you need it to consider it a testament to how far you've come. I bowl a lot and a typical ball I replace in 18-24 months anyway at most.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

I was wondering this myself. I've been working on coming more up the back of the ball, but my regular layouts seem to be OK at least for now. Should I find my Pap again and see if it's changed?

Chats: 1

It can change a bit over the years especially if you laid off bowing for a while. My latest PAP is 4 5/8 over. Years ago, I was 4 7/8 x 7/8" over. I tend to stay behind the ball a lot more than I did in the past.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

If your PAP changes, it's not the end of the world. Simply have the angles of your current ball measured using the new PAP, and adjust the layout for your next ball accordingly.