Thread: What to do when your ball is damaged and the alley won't pay for it?

SandBagger
    Chats: 7

Default What to do when your ball is damaged and the alley won't pay for it?

Has happened to me before

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2handedsniper View Post
    They wont pay for it because they know you abuse your equipment and theirs by lofting it 4 ft in the air and landing it half way down the lane. If you respect their equipment they just might respect yours, but you refuse to listen to anyone who gives you advise so, no they will never pay to repair your equipment.

Chats: 204

Generally it depends on the situation.

If it's clearly the fault of the center (ex. ball return)...they will usually offer to repair your equipment and cover the expense...especially if they have a pro shop in their center. If the ball can't be repaired, they will usually replace it.

If it's NOT the fault of the center's equipment (you threw it and hit the ceiling or something)...then they usually won't cover it.

I once missed a corner-pin and the ball bounced violently out of the gutter and into the pin-setter. It put two massive holes in my ball. I thought for sure the pro shop (where I purchased it) would give me a new one. The pro shop guy simply repaired it (for free). I couldn't believe it....it looked great!

Most damage by ball returns is minor...but seeing it consistently is a sign that maybe you need to say something to the center.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

1. Did you report the damage right away?

2. Was the ball relatively new?

Most centers will refuse to pay for damage that is not reported as soon as it is noticed. Most will also refuse to fix older balls.

Generally speaking, if you don't get satisfaction from whoever is working the counter, ask to talk to the manager or the owner. A friend of mine was able to get the center to pay to fix a 20 year old ball fixed because he wouldn't take no for an answer.
    John

what kind of damage?

Chats: 32

Guys please don't feed the trolls.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 2

You don't say?! I couldn't imagine why someone who chest passes the ball down the lane would EVER have damage to a bowling ball...
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands