Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forearm hurts after changing arm angle & firsttime use of wrist brace

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Throw the brace away and get a real coach. Or you might do permanent damage.

Seems no one mentioned his grip. Smh.... few things maybe be causing pain.. bad fit, or the fit gets worse with the brace on.

Ringer
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 1

Fokai, in my first reply (#5) I said the first thing I would do is check the fit of the ball.
    Currently in the arsenal: Roto Grip Hyper Cell (@2000), Hammer Gauntlet Fury (@1000 polished), Roto Grip Idol (@2000), Storm IQ Tour Emerald (@1500 polished), Storm Phaze 4 (@1500 polished), Hammer Cherry Vibe (@1500 polished), Hammer Black Widow Urethane (@1000), Jet Blackbird

Bowler

good idea to get rid of the metal part. i have an inconsistant release so my wrist moves a bit at some point. this way i'd try staying straight instead of cupping my wrist throughout which im not strong enough to keep steady...the brace helped take this worry out of my brain..but it still hurts...I'd like to throw more of a parker bohn tragectory or danielle mcewan. down and in but i use a Take Down ball (med RG) not really the ball to slide down the outside.

Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    If you just came back to the game after a 13 year layoff and your playing between the 1st and 2nd arrow, that's a pretty dry area and your probably trying to put some speed on the ball. So your probably muscling the ball down the lane some and your arm is not use too it.

Because your arm is probably out of "bowling shape" some sort of speak, Your using muscles you haven't used in awhile.
    no i've been bowling at least once a month...not used to the league conditions though..and perhaps the change of arm angle is hurting me..i was fine the first 2 weeks bowling my usual way..but i also threw 30 under my usual avg. i'll post vids this weekend.

There's nothing wrong with wearing a brace. You need to be fitted for a ball while wearing the brace, unless it's one that has nothing that wraps around your thumb or fingers. A Mongoose brace only supports the back of your wrist. Your hand has full contact with the ball.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12