Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well, there are a couple misconceptions about what Liz did

You can still accomplish two out of three of your practice goals. You can stay down and post your shot, and you can keep your hand more under/behind the ball. This is not a place to practice making adjustments. You trade that for playing a different part of the lane where there is no realistic shot. Certainly, by now, you should be able to see what the ball is doing on every shot you throw without a video camera. The idea is to learn to play the shot, not to score.

Last Sunday I bowled in a local "Double Trouble" Tournament where they put out the 52' Badger pattern on the left lane, and the 32' Wolf pattern on the right lane. I got to the center early, and using a urethane spare ball on lanes that had been oiled with the house shot, I bowled a couple of games playing up seventeen on the left lane and up three on the right lane. The idea was not to score, but simply to wrap my head around the fact that I had to throw the same shot on both lanes, just using totally different lines.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

She won last night. She got all the breaks. It isn't how its how many.

Chats: 204

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Last Sunday I bowled in a local "Double Trouble" Tournament where they put out the 52' Badger pattern on the left lane, and the 32' Wolf pattern on the right lane.
    That's almost cruel. Sounds fun though! Lucky Vegas bowlers...you get to do all the cool stuff!!

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Perfect example of Rob's point. WRW bowled a 300 game tonight and I think this is the final shot. Looks like he's playing 6th arrow and the pattern is 52' Badger.

https://www.facebook.com/59512776126...4671831236127/

This was posted on Vise's Facebook page so no better link for it I'm afraid.

Here's proof that a low rev player like myself can play the 4th arrow or the 6th arrow. Rob is right, it can be done with guidance and practice.

These videos were filmed a couple years prior to being posted and my game has changed. At the time of these videos, my rev rate was just below 300. With the help from world class coaches, I've increased my rev rate by a significant amount. From this increased revrate, so did my speed increased. plus, my old crouching tiger approach has been 86'd. More upright and steady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhSoWHMdNs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pLZByQYM-U
    Last edited by fokai73; 07-03-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123