Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plugged Balls

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I don't believe holes drilled into the core and filled can be exactly the same after filling. If they are then we really need to quit paying attention to core design.
    In Bill's article he used Vise CS Hybrid plug, which he said is about the same density as the coverstock, slightly more than the filler and less than the core material (of course that would depend on just which material was used).

So no it's not exactly the same, But just guessing I'd say the extra density of the plug as compared to the removed filler. Probably helps make up for some of that lost core density (when considered with the plug in the core) its just up higher than where it was in the core if you follow.

Most of the time when someone plugs a ball they are probably changing layouts and I think ultimately that will change the performance more than the minor changes made to the core by the plugs.

And if your just plugging to adjust the grip pitches, span etc. thats even more meaningless, because the holes stay in basically the same spots.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    In Bill's article he used Vise CS Hybrid plug, which he said is about the same density as the coverstock, slightly more than the filler and less than the core material (of course that would depend on just which material was used).

So no it's not exactly the same, But just guessing I'd say the extra density of the plug as compared to the removed filler. Probably helps make up for some of that lost core density (when considered with the plug in the core) its just up higher than where it was in the core if you follow.

Most of the time when someone plugs a ball they are probably changing layouts and I think ultimately that will change the performance more than the minor changes made to the core by the plugs.

And if your just plugging to adjust the grip pitches, span etc. thats even more meaningless, because the holes stay in basically the same spots.
    I agree I worry more about it with weight holes or putting the filled holes in the track than anything. If I'm doing it because of my need it's fine. In Dr's case here where the shop made a mistake I'd be pissy about it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 1

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I agree I worry more about it with weight holes or putting the filled holes in the track than anything. If I'm doing it because of my need it's fine. In Dr's case here where the shop made a mistake I'd be pissy about it.
    That there is the issue, the ball has the pin directly over the bridge. I suspect that moving the pin over to the right is going to put those plugs right in my track since I have a high track anyway.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    That there is the issue, the ball has the pin directly over the bridge. I suspect that moving the pin over to the right is going to put those plugs right in my track since I have a high track anyway.
    If your a right hander the track is left of the holes, moving the pin right won't put them in the track because the plugs will follow the pin right.

example:
    Last edited by bowl1820; 06-29-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Ok you're right I was thinking the holes moved in the opposite direction as the pin my bad.

PSO's resolution was to drill a small hole to the right of my thumb. He said it should draw track off my thumb, but it tracked exactly where it had before.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Somethings to note:

Lack of axis tilt can cause a ball to track high, You might try adding more wrist cock (not cup) to help lower your track off of the thumb.

Also staying in the thumb too long can cause it to track very close to the thumb.

What's the difference between cocked and cupped? I feel like I keep mine cupped.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    What's the difference between cocked and cupped? I feel like I keep mine cupped.
    This is wrist cock:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12