Description: The Tag Cannon is the second release in the “Tag” line. Again, using the Halogen Core, which was also previously used in the Graffiti Tag, original Tribal and Tribal Fire. The Tag Cannon however uses the all-new Agility SFP (Skid-Flip Pearl) Reactive Coverstock. With the neon yellow/blue coverstock and neon orange logo, this ball provides a lot of shelf appeal and performance at a lower price point.

Reaction: The intention of the Tag Cannon is for late in blocks and beat up patterns or when they just flat out hook. So far, the Tag Cannon provides plenty of length for my game on even the driest of patterns. With plenty of length and a strong shape down lane, you also get the distinguished MOTIV continuation through the pins. The Tag Cannon is just a little more even than the Graffiti Tag, so if you felt the Graffiti Tag was unpredictable at times, maybe too long or too strong down lane, you will find this release a better option.

Comparisons: The Tag Cannon is being released just after the Freestyle Rush, so you have two lower performance balls that are worthy in comparison. The Freestyle Rush is noticeably weaker and is slower when exiting the pattern. I am going to prefer the Tag Cannon in most instances as for me it is not too much stronger overall, but just gets around the corner better and has more continuation as you will clearly see in the video. The Octane Carbon is a little stronger and has a little faster response to friction than the Tag Cannon. The Tag Cannon is the perfect fit in between the Freestyle Rush and Octane Carbon though. There is NO overlap, all three of these pieces can REALLY round out the bottom of your lineup, especially if you tend to need less ball due to your style or lane conditions.

Summary: I do not tend to throw lower-end/weaker pieces often, for the fact that I just prefer and have more success with balls in higher performance categories. However, the Tag series has been really good for me and my style and has become the exception to that.

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi | Genesis | Bowlerx.com Regional Staff