DESCRIPTION

INNER CORE - Halogen™
COVERSTOCK - Agility™ SFP Reactive
FINISH - 5500 Grit LSP
RG RATING - 2.55 (15 lbs)
RG DIFFERENTIAL - 0.37 (15 lbs)
FLARE POTENTIAL - 4"+

REACTION

The all new Tag Cannon has a new cover which is an improvement over its predecessor, the Graffiti Tag. The Cannon is a touch earlier than the original with a rounder shape. This tweak allows the ball to be more predictable coming off the end of the pattern without sacrificing hitting power. The Cannon is still plenty fast enough off the spot and is able to go through the pins with power from a multitude of different angles.

VIDEO

COMPARISONS

I compared the Tag Cannon to the original Graffiti Tag, Freestyle Rush, and the Octane Carbon. The layout is 60 x 4.5" x 75. In relation to the Graffiti Tag, it rolls a touch earlier with a rounder overall shape. What this means is the Cannon is around 3 boards stronger. The Freestyle Rush doesn't rev up as much as the Cannon because it has a higher RG diff. This makes the Rush as long as the Cannon, but not nearly as fast or strong off the spot. This makes changing from the Cannon to the Rush virtually seamless. Lastly, we have the Octane Carbon. These two balls compliment each other perfectly. The Octane Carbon is 4-5 boards stronger than the Tag Cannon with a similar motion. I have had no issues changing from the Carbon to the Cannon during transition. Once the pattern starts to break down, I am able to pull out the Cannon, move back right to where I started with the Carbon, and continue striking. Motiv puts an emphasis on synergy between equipment in different overall hook potential categories. The Carbon and the Cannon are another successful match.

SUMMARY

I am the type of bowler that is always experimenting with surface. I like knowing what I match up with and what I do not. For me, the Tag Cannon at box finish was a touch too long for the conditions I typically bowl on. I decided to take it down to 3000 sanded and it gave me the motion I was looking for. I was still able to play inside without ball reading too early, and it cornered well enough to carry without issue. The cover on the Cannon is very receptive to surface changes which adds to its overall versatility. When I find myself bowling on lighter volume, I will be throwing the Tag Cannon on a wide variety of oil patterns.

MOTIV STAFF MEMBER

Doug Anderson