Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video showing the difference of just one board on entry angle

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I have a question about the study on the different weight stuff. 14 vrs. 15 lb. balls. Why go to a 15 lb. ball you want more speed and more fingers would be my guess. Unless it is a medical reason and that would cause the study to be flawed.
    Now more speed and more revs. will throw pins around more than enough to make up for the one pound. You would carry more light hits and maybe even more high ones. In most cases studies and poles can be slanted to get the answer you want to prove.
    Some bowlers just seem to have the right combination of skill and luck. Just watch and you will see guys that carry everything and others who can't get a break to save their life.

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I have a question about the study on the different weight stuff. 14 vrs. 15 lb. balls. Why go to a 15 lb. ball you want more speed and more fingers would be my guess. Unless it is a medical reason and that would cause the study to be flawed.
    Now more speed and more revs. will throw pins around more than enough to make up for the one pound. You would carry more light hits and maybe even more high ones. In most cases studies and poles can be slanted to get the answer you want to prove.
    Some bowlers just seem to have the right combination of skill and luck. Just watch and you will see guys that carry everything and others who can't get a break to save their life.
    One would think in a scratch league, bowling on sport patterns, most of the luck would be eliminated and that your top average bowlers would wind up on top. After five weeks, the top four bowlers occupy sixth, fifth, fourth and twelfth place. The bowler in second place has an average 32 pins lower than the top average in the league. The bowler with the second highest average is getting a psychological complex from running up against bowlers who can't seem to hit the same board twice, yet they get a brooklyn strike every time they pull a shot. I'm sure that by the end of the season the standings will be a somewhat truer indication of ability, but with a 14 week season we won't get a chance to bowl everyone else and so much depends on who you're bowling against and how well they are bowling.
    John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12