Default Radical Tremendous Review

Radical Tremendous
    Layout: 40 x 4.5” x 70
    Surface: Box finish
    PAP: 4 5/8" X 0"
    RPM: 360
    Tilt: 15 - 17
    Left handed

I have thrown the Radical Tremendous on (3) different oil patterns and really like the motion it gives me for a strong, asymmetrical solid. This ball is an updated and enhanced version of the popular Radical Guru, and it delivers! On a typical house shot, I was able to move inside and keep the ball in the oil longer, taking advantage of the strong cover/core combo. Pin carry was excellent even with the lower angle playing inside, from 21-13. On a medium sport pattern (Athens), I was able to play in around 14-15 and migrate further in as the pattern broke down. I also used it on a short, heavier sport pattern (Stockholm), and had great success playing around 4-5 and letting that big weight block tip the ball into the pocket, as the aggressive cover allowed the ball to roll early and set up perfectly. This ball is a must have for sport patterns, and if you like to play inside on heavier blend house shots. Release date is July 11, 2017, make sure you get Radical!

James Goulding III (Brunswick Staff)
    James Goulding
    Radical Regional Staff
    Moore's Pro Shop
    Driller / Consultant

"The Maine Bowler" blog: www.jgoulding.wordpress.com

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by Maine Man View Post
    Radical Tremendous
    This ball is an updated and enhanced version of the popular Radical Guru, and it delivers!
    In what way is the tremendous a updated and enhanced version of the Guru?

According to Radical themselves the only thing different is the name and the lower price. "we have recreated the highly successful core/cover combination from the original Guru."

Though they do contradict themselves in their video, saying they wrapped the core with a "more responsive and continuous" coverstock.

Last edited by bowl1820; 07-10-2017 at 12:17 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

My understanding from seeing Phil posting about this in another forum is the cover has been updated for whatever that is worth lol
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    My understanding from seeing Phil posting about this in another forum is the cover has been updated for whatever that is worth lol
    See that's the thing, if it's true (the cover is updated) why would he/they leave it out of the marketing materials? It would be a good selling point.

Now if it wasn't true I could see maybe they didn't want to violate some truth in advertising by putting it in print.

Also if it was true, that's almost as bad. Someone gets it thinking it's just like the Guru and that's what they want and then they find out it's not.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-10-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    See that's the thing, if it's true (the cover is updated) why would he/they leave it out of the marketing materials? It would be a good selling point.

Now if it wasn't true I could see maybe they didn't want to violate some truth in advertising by putting it in print.

Also if it was true, that's almost as bad. Someone gets it thinking it's just like the Guru and that's what they want and then they find out it's not.
    Yeah I kind of wondered the same thing
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Okay just saw a new video posted on facebook of Mo Pinel talking about the Tremendous and he said it was a new cover too.

This new cover is supposed to be more durable than the org. cover, the org. Guru cover he said had a problem lane shining fast and I guess this new will hold up longer.

They should update the web page with that info.