5500 LSP
Ball Specs: Halogen Symmetric Core
Layout 50 x 4.5 x 30 (no balance hole)

Bowler Specs:
Right Hand. PAP 5 Over 1/4 up
Rev Rate 275. Tilt 20. Rotation 50.
Speed off hand 18

Review:
The New Motiv Tag Cannon provides good length through the front part of the lane, then reads the middle well and finally provides a predictable flip when it encounters friction. The Tag Cannon features an upgrade in reaction to the Original Tag. The new evolution is more predictable and hits harder than the Black and Green Tag in my opinion. I like the cover better on this Tag because I can roll it multiple sets and just wipe off dirt and oil with Motiv Power Gel Clean or a good spray cleaner. My original Tag needed to see the ball spinner after a few sets to stay at box finish. The Cannon fits between my Freestyle Rush and Venom Shock in total hook. The ball motion is also between these two balls as well. The Cannon took the best parts of The Shock and Rush and put them together in one ball. I feel the Cannon was stronger than expected on a house shot, yet very playable on all but the very oily, flat patterns. I do have a lower rev rate. The Tag Cannon hits hard and carries very well. The Cannon digs the corner pins out nicely. I even have been getting more messengers! I let a few no thumbers with high rev rates try my Tag Cannon and the ball really shines for them. They cleared the heads easily and the backend was ridiculous! These bowlers got easy length with a devastating hit. The Cannon plays well from many target lines. The Cannon will definitely have a place when I need control and hit on beat up or drier patterns. The colors are really nice and the ball looks better in person than in print or on line. I wasn’t sure if I would like the bright orange logo on Blue and Green but it really looks good. If you liked the original Tag but wanted more control and less maintenance the Cannon is for you!

Summary:
The Tag Cannon provides easy length with an angular but predictable backend.
This is a great choice when playing Drier lanes.
The entry angle creates great pin carry.
The Tag Cannon is an eye catcher and looks great rolling down the lane.

Glenn Wendel
PBA Member
Motiv Staff
Ultimate Staff

gwendel@comcast.net
www.motivbowling.com