Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having grip duplicated by BB.com

Chats: 1

Default Having grip duplicated by BB.com

Anyone send one of their balls in to BB.com to get the grip duplicated on a new one? Can you tell me the procedure to ship yours to them?

Chats: 0

WHy would you risk YOUR ball shipped to them? I don't get it. I KNOW there are good proshops in your area. Why risk it?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by drlawsoniii View Post
    Anyone send one of their balls in to BB.com to get the grip duplicated on a new one? Can you tell me the procedure to ship yours to them?
    On bowlingball.com just send them a email they'll be happy to tell just what info you need to send them for the Custom Drilling Service or you can PM the admin (Dustin of BB.com) on this site.

This webpage has info on doing it.

https://www.bowlingball.com/info/cus...uncement.html?

If you have your grip spec, you can just send copy too them and they can drill it (you don't need to send them your ball)

Blomer on here had his done and I think someone else did too I don't remember the name right off.
    They send you a shipping label, but you got to box it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blomer View Post
    Yesterday I received my Fanatic SS I won here on the boards. I had bowlingball.com drill it for me along with some inner sleeves for switch grip. I just want to give Dustin a shout out as he exchanged several emails and helped me along with the process. The ball fits like a glove and can't wait to throw it.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by imagonman View Post
    WHy would you risk YOUR ball shipped to them? I don't get it. I KNOW there are good proshops in your area. Why risk it?
    There maybe some good drillers in my area but they're not selling me a new plastic ball drilled, with grips and a switch grip sleeve for 85 dollars, and resurfacing my ball im sending in for free.

Sending them your ball is equivalent to cutting off your nose to spite your face!

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Sending them your ball is equivalent to cutting off your nose to spite your face!
    I'm not getting your point Rob. I admit that bowling where Buddies Pro shop is located, I'm not likely to have anyone else drill a ball for me. What is so terrible about sending a ball to BowlingBall.com to have the grip copied if you don't have or can't get a copy of your drill sheet?
    John

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    I'm not getting your point Rob. I admit that bowling where Buddies Pro shop is located, I'm not likely to have anyone else drill a ball for me. What is so terrible about sending a ball to BowlingBall.com to have the grip copied if you don't have or can't get a copy of your drill sheet?
    My point is that it is so very important to have every ball drilled exactly the same that sending it away to have it drilled by someone that you don't know to save a few bucks is not worth the risk that you are taking. I can't tell you how many times I see bowlers who have the wrong ball in their hand say that they know they should be using a different ball that they have with them but don't because it just doesn't feel right. This is really important with a spare ball that you use more than any other ball you own. There are certain elements involved in drilling a ball that can't be indicated on a drill sheet; like the little nuances involved in finishing off the thumb hole. Sacrificing a perfect drilling to save a few dollars is just not worth it.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

There are certain elements involved in drilling a ball that can't be indicated on a drill sheet; like the little nuances involved in finishing off the thumb hole.
    Besides just tweaking the thumbhole/fingerholes (sanding,beveling) while your standing there in front of the PSO, what are the other elements that can't be indicated on a drill sheet?

Also drlawsoniii is talking about sending them a ball to copy the grip from not a drill sheet.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-14-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    Buddies Pro shop offers the same "online" drilling services as BB.com and they also have a good rep for doing good drilling's also.

My point is that it is so very important to have every ball drilled exactly the same that sending it away to have it drilled by someone that you don't know to save a few bucks is not worth the risk that you are taking. I can't tell you how many times I see bowlers who have the wrong ball in their hand say that they know they should be using a different ball that they have with them but don't because it just doesn't feel right. This is really important with a spare ball that you use more than any other ball you own. There are certain elements involved in drilling a ball that can't be indicated on a drill sheet; like the little nuances involved in finishing off the thumb hole. Sacrificing a perfect drilling to save a few dollars is just not worth it.
    I've only ever been happy with the way 1 of my 5 balls have been drilled and the PSO who drilled it is out of business. I see no harm in sending my favorite ball, double boxed with insurance in to have the specs copied. This is my spare ball, the current plastic ball I have the span is so short that i'm gripping it and pulling it left all the time. Plus it's cracked. Plus I'm saving way more than a few bucks. I'm saving 15-20 on the ball and 50 on the resurface. The shops in my area charge 50 dollars to resurface a ball, and BB.com is doing it for free. As for the nuances, the thumb is a switch grip so there isn't a whole lot of finishing off to be done.

The PSO's in Columbus are so apathetic, they dont even watch a person bowl or measure your pap or anything anymore. If that's the service i'm going to get why not go with an online retailer?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast