Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My old ball....

Default My old ball....

Hey gang,
    Getting back into the game and looking at all the balls available out there. I have one ball, a Brunswick Power Groove Reactive. Is tbat comparable to anything on the market right now. I'm trying to see where that fits in before i select a new one.

Wow. I just read that ball is 15 years old!!! Lol...I have been away too long!!!!!

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Hey gang,
    Getting back into the game and looking at all the balls available out there. I have one ball, a Brunswick Power Groove Reactive. Is tbat comparable to anything on the market right now. I'm trying to see where that fits in before i select a new one.
    If you want Brunswick again a Brunswick Rhino, would be good. Similar also a Columbia 300 Scout reactive, Ebonite Cyclone.

Pretty much anything in the entry level category would be a good place to start.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Actually, I would like something in the Hammer family. What would be the next step up from the PG?

It might not be what you're looking for but I'm a huge fan of the Storm Hy-Road, great ball for many conditions from on the dry side to pretty heavy oil, it's a ball that
    you will see time and time again being used by bowlers of all skill levels, and that's because it works for almost everyone.

Thanks....i need to research the storm family more, I'm not too familiar with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It might not be what you're looking for but I'm a huge fan of the Storm Hy-Road, great ball for many conditions from on the dry side to pretty heavy oil, it's a ball that
    you will see time and time again being used by bowlers of all skill levels, and that's because it works for almost everyone.
    I, too, am a huge fan of the Hy-Road (hybrid cover). Bought a 15 lb. one to go along with an older 16 lb. Keep it in good shape using Reacta Shine by hand. One nice thing about it is that it doesn't have filler. This ball can soak up plenty of oil and keep on working with little reaction change. Place it in a ball oven and it might sweat oil for an hour or so at 130 degrees. Hard to go wrong with this piece...

Chats: 0

lately I'm not a fan of Storm although I have 8 of their balls. I know that you must store your bowling balls carefully so as not to have them get extremely hot or cold. I store the balls I don't carry to the lanes in my air-conditioned house at about 72 degrees. I decided the lanes had been such lately that I needed a weaker ball so I got out my Joy Ride and to my dismay the cover stock was cracked completely around the ball! I had only used that ball for maybe 3 full games! But the ball was 2 years old so I am out of luck. I spoke to my pro shop and my driller was saying he had seen this in too many storm balls lately. Also the Turbo switch thumb holes have been swelling causing thumb removal problems. Sorry storm ...I'm Brunswick bound now.
    Roto Grip Sinister, Storm 2Fast, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Joy Ride, Storm Phase, Storm Sky Rocket, Storm Mix, 14#equipment..Disabled bowler bowl from a wheel chair.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums and a ball contest winner!

I vote for Storm Hy-Road... It's middle name is versatile and will be in play most of the time with a few adjustments. Its been in production for like 10 years, there is a reason it has hung around so long. Probably the best ball of the decade. I currently have the Code Red which uses the same cover and is simply amazing. I will be getting a Hy-Road before its all over with.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I vote for Storm Hy-Road... It's middle name is versatile and will be in play most of the time with a few adjustments. Its been in production for like 10 years, there is a reason it has hung around so long. Probably the best ball of the decade. I currently have the Code Red which uses the same cover and is simply amazing. I will be getting a Hy-Road before its all over with.
    Is the Code Red meant to go longer? I might be in the market for a reactive ball that can go long. My Hammer Scandal burns out too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast