Thread: Drilling terms....

Default Drilling terms....

So if i get the ball drilled to "go long" i assume that means more of a straight shot with a "big finish" being a snapping hook at the end? Or am i way off.....lol

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    So if i get the ball drilled to "go long" i assume that means more of a straight shot with a "big finish" being a snapping hook at the end? Or am i way off.....lol
    "Go long" basically means just what it says, the ball will go longer before making a move.

But don't go in and say "Drill it to go long and snap hard", pretty much that's what every noob says when asked how they want the ball drilled. An most of the time that's not the right thing for the bowler, they either can't control it or make it flip.

When going in to get a ball drilled, Depending on how good the proshop is. Your best bet is to have the Pro shop watch how you bowl (if possible) and have them work with you and suggest how to best lay it out.

Think about what you want to the ball to do or in vision it doing and the conditions your going to be bowling on.

I usually go for something drilled with a good midlane roll and a strong backend.

You want something that will move some, but not get you into trouble.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ok..i think i am getting it....thanks for the great video also!

Excellent excellent video. I admit, I fall victim to over analyzing my layouts on new ball purchases.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums