Thread: My New(Used) Ball!!!

Default My New(Used) Ball!!!

Just won a used Hammer Black Widow Dark Legend on Ebay for $43.00. Drilled one time, resurfaced and used in two tournements only. Looks like it's in excellent condition. Pretty freaking excited considering new ones still go for $140. I have missed Hammer ever since I sold my Black Hammer in 2000. Anyone have any luck with this baby?

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Just won a used Hammer Black Widow Dark Legend on Ebay for $43.00. Drilled one time, resurfaced and used in two tournements only. Looks like it's in excellent condition. Pretty freaking excited considering new ones still go for $140. I have missed Hammer ever since I sold my Black Hammer in 2000. Anyone have any luck with this baby?
    One indicator of what balls work in the house you're bowling at for me, has been watching what balls the guys who are bowling in leagues are using, if you see lots of Hammer balls, you can be pretty sure that they work decently at that center.
    I bowl at a couple different centers and don't see much Hammer equipment, and haven't thrown a hammer ball in many years.
    I did have a teammate a couple of years ago that did quite well with a Hammer Arson of some sort, so it's also possible to have good results even if those balls
    aren't popular in your center.
    Good luck with your new purchase.

Chats: 4

There are several people that use Hammer balls at the center
    and I'm one of them. I use my Blue and Black Hammer Spike
    most of the time except when the lanes have a little extra oil
    on them then I use my Hammer Badass.

I have several Ebonite and Storm and Roto Grip balls at the
    center but mostly I just stick with my Hammer equipment.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill