Thread: Clean N Dull for Polishes Coverstocks

Default Clean N Dull for Polishes Coverstocks

After the recent Storm Demo Day I have decided to add the Code Red to my arsenal. I have been using Max Tack during play if needed when the lanes are soupy and Clean N Dull after. This system seems to work out ok for it. I was just curious if any of you have any experience using Clean N Dull on polished surfaces and how it works out for you. I did use it today and looks like factory shine on it to me lol. I would think it would be just fine to use but wanted to double check before I continue to use it for my deep cleanings.

Thanks,
    CJ

I have the Code Black with R2S pearl and the Hy-Road with R2S hybrid like the Code Red.
    For the Hy-Road I use Reacta Shine on it whenever I think it needs it. Probably every 15 to 20 games between use.
    Otherwise I just using a shammy on it between shots and clean up the ball with regular ball cleaner. I'm sure your favorite concoction will work just fine.
    Decided to take the polish off the Code Black though as it was going down lane too far lately. Used a green Scotch-brite pad on it to scratch it up pretty good and then went to a 3000 grit pad lightly. Seems to have done the trick. Now I'll just touch it up every now and then with the 3000 grit pad for quite a while. Hope that does okay.
    Good luck...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

I've used Clean'N Dull for years going all the way back to when it was APP's.

You can use it on any surface sanded or polished and it will work just fine.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-21-2017 at 08:06 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I've used it on my HyRoad many times... go for it.

Alrite thanks guys, I was thinking it would be ok. The Max Tack does a good job of removing the oil from the surface and making the ball tacky again but it doesn't remove any track lines or anything like that and this ball is a flare machine so I have quite a few to remove and the Clean N Dull does a pretty good job about removing them or at least taking enough of it away that you can barely see them.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Alrite thanks guys, I was thinking it would be ok. The Max Tack does a good job of removing the oil from the surface and making the ball tacky again but it doesn't remove any track lines or anything like that and this ball is a flare machine so I have quite a few to remove and the Clean N Dull does a pretty good job about removing them or at least taking enough of it away that you can barely see them.
    Clean'N Dull will remove dirt, grime and oil, It will even remove some soaked in oil (oil lines in the balls coverstock).

But it will not remove track lines caused by wear, those have to be removed by sanding and/or polishing.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Clean'N Dull will remove dirt, grime and oil, It will even remove some soaked in oil (oil lines in the balls coverstock).

But it will not remove track lines caused by wear, those have to be removed by sanding and/or polishing.
    Makes sense.. Also should I re-apply polish about every 20 games?? I will most likely just let my PSO toss it on the ball spinner every 20-30 games and freshen it up for me. Maybe one day I will have a ball spinner to use at home, they aren't cheap thats for sure.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Makes sense.. Also should I re-apply polish about every 20 games?? I will most likely just let my PSO toss it on the ball spinner every 20-30 games and freshen it up for me. Maybe one day I will have a ball spinner to use at home, they aren't cheap thats for sure.
    The Code Red comes with a OOB surface of 1500-grit Polished Factory Finish (Which means the ball is sanded to a 1500 (4000 Abralon) grit surface and then a polish added.

Storm recommends touching up the surface with the final step (Storm Step 2 or similar) polish every 20 games. This can be done by hand.

But this ultimately depends on how much you bowl and the conditions bowled on.

I touch up or change surfaces every week before a set.

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The Code Red comes with a OOB surface of 1500-grit Polished Factory Finish (Which means the ball is sanded to a 1500 (4000 Abralon) grit surface and then a polish added.

Storm recommends touching up the surface with the final step (Storm Step 2 or similar) polish every 20 games. This can be done by hand.

But this ultimately depends on how much you bowl and the conditions bowled on.

I touch up or change surfaces every week before a set.
    Ok, so every 20ish games just toss some polish on it.. Don't necessarily need to hit it with 4000 Abralon beforehand?? My Tyrant needs to be hit with Abralon about every 12 games or so or it starts to lose a little reaction no matter how much I clean it after a set. Guess thats just the nature of the beast with strong solid covers.

I am currently bowling about 6 games a week on average, sometimes a little more... Those are rookie numbers, I gotta pump those numbers up a bit 😂😂😂