Thread: Noob question about resurfacing...

Default Noob question about resurfacing...

Just curious, is there a limited number of times you can resurface a ball?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Just curious, is there a limited number of times you can resurface a ball?
    A true "Resurface" is where you remove all the track, nicks, gouges and surface blemishes to make a ball look like new again. That's not done that often, Back in the day it was said you could do that about 4-5 times.

But I don't see that kind of resurfacing done much these day, except if a ball has been damaged or a used ball plugged for resale.

As for refinishing and minor surfaces adjustments basically there's no limit, other than if you've sanded to the point your removed all the labels. But most people probably won't have the ball that long.

Serial numbers can get sanded off easy, because some are not that deep and have to be re-engraved.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

So....should i be concerned that my black widow dark (from ebay) has hardly any label left on it???

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    So....should i be concerned that my black widow dark (from ebay) has hardly any label left on it???
    If the serial is there and you can still see some of the logo your good to go.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Ok...thanks!