Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pap

Default Pap

So I have seen plenty of info and videos on finding your PAP. What exactly is the purpose of knowing this other than telling everyone what your PAP is?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    So I have seen plenty of info and videos on finding your PAP. What exactly is the purpose of knowing this other than telling everyone what your PAP is?
    Okay, P.A.P. (Positive Axis Point) When you release your ball, it's rotating around a "Axis" just like the Earth rotates around it's axis and just like the Earth, Your ball has a North and South pole.

The PAP location measurements (Example: 4 7/8" over 1/4" up) basically tells you where the balls North pole is in relation to your grip.

Knowing this location is important to laying out a ball, so that you can orient the balls core in the proper way to get the reaction your desire.
    Also know it's location it allows you to place markers on the ball to count revs and determine rotation and tilt (though tilt can be determined better by measuring oil ring diameter and finding it on the tilt chart).

Tilt tells you how much your balls "Axis" is tilted in relation to the lane surface. When it's parallel to the lane, that's 0° of tilt. When it's perpendicular to the lane (spinning like a top), that's 90° of tilt.

Rotation is a measurement of the direction of the initial rotation on the ball with respect to the lane. It is a measurement of the angle between the initial spin axis and the foul line running across the lane. 0° of rotation is when the axis is parallel to the foul line, 90° of rotation is when the axis is perpendicular to the foul line.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

so you don't have to guess at ball layouts

last week my daughter and I threw the Bowler I.D. balls
    easy way to get all your numbers accurately
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post

What is the " Bowler I.D. Ball"?
    John

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by J Anderson View Post
    What is the " Bowler I.D. Ball"?
    Ebonite's Bowlers ID which has been in development for a few years (if look there a few posts about it) is a small electronic device. Thats placed in a hole of ball and can measure your rev rate, ball speed, axis tilt and rotation and computes the positive axis point.

http://www.ebibowling.com/about2

this is a old video related to it.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 07-29-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Well, those I.D thingies are pretty cool!!!

When did this game get so mathmatical and technical?!?! Lol

I think that one thing that is very important about PAP hasn't yet been mentioned. If you don't understand that different bowlers have different PAP's then you won't understand that a particular layout that works for your friend may not work at all for you. Looking at the location of the pin and the CG is meaningless without knowing the bowler's PAP.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post

Ebonite stopped talking about Bowler ID, I think they've had a lot of issues with it. I tried going to 2 ball demos and both times they couldn't get it working.

Chats: 22

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    Ebonite stopped talking about Bowler ID, I think they've had a lot of issues with it. I tried going to 2 ball demos and both times they couldn't get it working.
    Did they try turning it off then on again?
    "If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?" - Steven Wright

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast