Thread: Sliding question

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Default Sliding question

This is for anyone but bowl 1820 would be my guess for an answer.
    I use this stuff on my slide shoe that is black like tape but I think it might be nylon. It came in a sheet about 5" by 8" if I remember correctly. It is the only thing that I have ever use that gives me the slide I need.
    I have replaceable heels and soles. Can't slide with the 8's and can't walk with the 10's. I have tried cutting the 8 and 10's to and mixing and matching but nothing works.
    I cut and place the black stuff on both heel and sole until it get the right feel. I looked through the bowlingball.com shoe acc's list but couldn't find anything.
    Do you know what I am talking about or even better where I could find it?

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

There are two products they are the Master Tru-Slide and Slide Glide.

The Master Tru-Slide is a Teflon pad that is applied to the sole.

The Master Slide Glide is the Nylon sheet that is cut to fit the sole and applied to it.

As to where to get it, check with the proshop and see if they have it or can order it, if not then just check the online stores.

Example
    https://www.bowlwithmaster.com/product-p/1285.htm

https://www.buddiesproshop.com/shop/...ide-glide-2955

https://www.bowling.com/products/master-slide-glide.htm
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-01-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 32

And that my friends is why Bowl1820 is the Master.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I have replaceable heels and soles. Can't slide with the 8's and can't walk with the 10's. I have tried cutting the 8 and 10's to and mixing and matching but nothing works.
    I know you talked about this before, did you ever try the Org. #8 yellow buckskin sole?

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole is between the new S-8 white microfiber sole and the S-10 sole.

The Yellow Leather (Buckskin) sole used to be the standard slide sole that came with shoes. But the shoe companies replaced it with the White microfiber slide sole, which doesn't slide as much.

You can get a replacement buckskin sole from Bowlingball.com (where I got mine) or Ebay you just got to cut it to shape

https://www.bowlingball.com/products...lide-sole.html

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

The ones I tried to mix and match were the white "8" and the charcoal "10". I finally went back to my old sole with the nylon stuff stuck on it. I don't cover the whole sole just a few 2x2 spots. Also on the heal. Now that I see the pictures that is what I need and I am sure the supply house here in Detroit has them. Appreciate it 1820.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    The ones I tried to mix and match were the white "8" and the charcoal "10". I finally went back to my old sole with the nylon stuff stuck on it. I don't cover the whole sole just a few 2x2 spots. Also on the heal. Now that I see the pictures that is what I need and I am sure the supply house here in Detroit has them. Appreciate it 1820.
    What heel are you using with this combo, myself, I like to slide a bit, but I also like to stop. I usually use a #2 heel almost all the time, but change my slide sole. If you're applying that stuff to your heel, try dropping down to maybe the red felt heel and an 8. If you still are having trouble sliding, then I dunno man
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Pin Crusher

Thanks Chip the red #8 is what I use now and it has the Nylon on it. Just a small piece though. Found it on line and calling the local tonight.