Thread: Don Johnson's A Pro's Guide to Better Bowling Vol 1 & 2

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Don Johnson's A Pro's Guide to Better Bowling Vol 1 & 2

Don Johnson's A Pro's Guide to Better Bowling Volume 1

This is a great old video from back in 1988. A lot of thing's have changed, but still some thing's of interest to be learned.

Last edited by bowl1820; 08-01-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Note: Do to consolidating & reordering the posts so that Vol. 1 is first, This reply is out of order now and is in reply to the Volume 2 video. bowl1820

Incredible!
    Don Johnson's video at around 23 minutes describes what I've been fighting with when I came back to bowling about six years ago.
    As my natural tendency is to turn my hand inwards on every backswing I take and finally today I now know why. Thank you...
    I'll continue my quest to fight it as I've had pretty good results with my semi-roller. Wow! Great post! I wish I'd known this from the start!
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-01-2017 at 11:06 PM.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Default Don Johnson's A Pro's Guide to Better Bowling Vol 1 & 2

Don Johnson's A Pro's Guide to Better Bowling Vol 2

This is a great old video from back in 1988. A lot of thing's have changed, but still some thing's of interest to be learned.

The way he showed how the locate the PAP was the first way I learned how to do it. No Armadillo, Prosect or spinner etc. needed just a grease pencil and $1 flexible tape measure.

Last edited by bowl1820; 08-01-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker