Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do to get ready for the new league season?

One league finishes and the other begins pretty quickly after for me... so there's not a whole lot. I would like a new ball (or 2!) but probably won't bother until there's actually a need. Maybe if I make it to Nationals this year

Good luck everyone! And if you want to join a league - just put your name in with the center or get in touch with a couple of the secretaries and let them know you're interested. Usually there will be a slot somewhere, almost every league I've been in always has a team needing someone

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

I bowl in a weekend tournament in June, July and Aug. That is about it.

Now being a league Sec. Treas. I have a little more to do.
    Go over the Bylaws and make sure that we don't need any revisions to bring up at the organizational meeting Aug. 25th.

Make copies to pass out at the meeting.

Send an email to all the bowlers using BLS.

Mail all bowlers a postcard that tells when the meeting will be and that everyone in the league is welcome and allowed to vote on the rules.

Re do the Bylaws if needed.

Get pay envelopes ready.

Get envelopes for Certification Cards, put each teams cards in envelopes.

Print schedule for the year, print 1st night standings sheet, print recap sheets.

Put each teams Certification envelope, Money envelope, a copy of the rules with schedule and Recap sheet for each pair.

NOW I AM READY TO START.

My prep work for the coming season starts in the garage. From taking care of my Equipment to using training aides like the rev trainer with some physical workouts.

I don't do much bowling, but when I do, I work on my approach and spares.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    I bowl in a weekend tournament in June, July and Aug. That is about it.

Now being a league Sec. Treas. I have a little more to do.
    Go over the Bylaws and make sure that we don't need any revisions to bring up at the organizational meeting Aug. 25th.

Make copies to pass out at the meeting.

Send an email to all the bowlers using BLS.

Mail all bowlers a postcard that tells when the meeting will be and that everyone in the league is welcome and allowed to vote on the rules.

Re do the Bylaws if needed.

Get pay envelopes ready.

Get envelopes for Certification Cards, put each teams cards in envelopes.

Print schedule for the year, print 1st night standings sheet, print recap sheets.

Put each teams Certification envelope, Money envelope, a copy of the rules with schedule and Recap sheet for each pair.

NOW I AM READY TO START.
    Man you're job doesn't sound fun at all but I guess somebody has got to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by fokai73 View Post
    My prep work for the coming season starts in the garage. From taking care of my Equipment to using training aides like the rev trainer with some physical workouts.

I don't do much bowling, but when I do, I work on my approach and spares.
    One day I'll have my garage setup for this. Would love to get a ball spinner and all the things needed to maintain my own equipment. How do you like the rev trainer? Looks interesting.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

C J
    I forgot about finding new teams and new bowlers when a team quits or is short.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    C J
    I forgot about finding new teams and new bowlers when a team quits or is short.
    Busy job it sounds like, I'll stick to the bowling part of it haha.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12