Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do to get ready for the new league season?

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Default What do you do to get ready for the new league season?

Just curious what everyone does to get ready for the season? Do you buy new balls? Or smaller stuff like net soles for your shoes, replacing grips and resurfacing your equipment?

For this coming season, I picked up a Radical Cash really cheap on Ebay brand new so going to have that drilled up in the next week or two. I'm probably going to get new soles for the shoes and resurface my True Nirvana.

Chats: 32

I tend to keep my equipment in good shape during the season so usually it's a new ball or two. Going to be adding one of the Brunswick quantums to the bag first off.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Practice of course is the biggest thing to do to get ready! As far as equipment though, checking your grips to make sure they're in good condition is a great start as well as overall condition of your bowling balls. Make sure you are stocked up on the smaller items, like tape, cleaner, towels, slide soles, etc..

It's couldn't hurt to resurface (if necessary) or at least make sure all the oil is removed from the coverstocks.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Me? This is going to be my first new season in 20 years. I'm going to pray a lot.

But back in the day, I would just practice a lot and maybe get a new ball or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Me? This is going to be my first new season in 20 years. I'm going to pray a lot.

But back in the day, I would just practice a lot and maybe get a new ball or 2.
    Aw....I am jealous...been about 25 years for me...just can't find the right knuckle heads to bowl with!

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Aw....I am jealous...been about 25 years for me...just can't find the right knuckle heads to bowl with!
    I'm just really excited about getting back on the lanes. For now, I'm going to join a league and whatever team they put me on, so be it. I'm so happy to be back and wonder why it took me so long.

My first league in about 12 years.. I've been practicing a lot and making sure I have all the small items I need... For the next few weeks I would like to practice a lot more on 100% fresh lanes when the shot is still tight and accuracy matters a bit more. Will have my bowling balls detoxed and resurfaced before league starts.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    My first league in about 12 years.. I've been practicing a lot and making sure I have all the small items I need... For the next few weeks I would like to practice a lot more on 100% fresh lanes when the shot is still tight and accuracy matters a bit more. Will have my bowling balls detoxed and resurfaced before league starts.
    Wow, seems like a lot people are resurrecting their bowling careers, and that's awesome. But on a separate note, are you sure you want to stay with 12 yr old tech? If you're just gonna bowl once a week, that might do, but it also depends on the shot you throw, etc..... just throwing that out there. It's been 20 years for me, so it's a no-brainer to get new equipment. But even if it was 8 years, I would probably get new stuff because I'm stupid and spend way too much money on toys. I just spent over $700 on 3 balls and accessories.

But seriously, depending how it goes for your comeback, maybe one new ball wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Wow, seems like a lot people are resurrecting their bowling careers, and that's awesome. But on a separate note, are you sure you want to stay with 12 yr old tech? If you're just gonna bowl once a week, that might do, but it also depends on the shot you throw, etc..... just throwing that out there. It's been 20 years for me, so it's a no-brainer to get new equipment. But even if it was 8 years, I would probably get new stuff because I'm stupid and spend way too much money on toys. I just spent over $700 on 3 balls and accessories.

But seriously, depending how it goes for your comeback, maybe one new ball wouldn't hurt.
    Oh trust me, I am rocking brand new equipment other than my bowling bag (which will get replaced at Christmas time) lol.. I have expensive taste and like new toys.. My current arsenal is the C300 Tyrant (solid) and Storm Code Red.. My wife is gonna kill me but by March I should have a full arsenal to include a urethane (hoping the RG Hot Cell lives up to the hype).

I would honestly probably still use my old Ebonite Xxcel.. I loved that ball, but it split into a few different pieces being kept in the attic while i was away in the military.... But I'm loving my Storm Code Red, only been back at it a few months and already putting up better numbers than I did back in the day.. 246 today during practice with the Code Red.
    Last edited by C J; 08-02-2017 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Oh trust me, I am rocking brand new equipment other than my bowling bag (which will get replaced at Christmas time) lol.. I have expensive taste and like new toys.. My current arsenal is the C300 Tyrant (solid) and Storm Code Red.. My wife is gonna kill me but by March I should have a full arsenal to include a urethane (hoping the RG Hot Cell lives up to the hype).

I would honestly probably still use my old Ebonite Xxcel.. I loved that ball, but it split into a few different pieces being kept in the attic while i was away in the military.... But I'm loving my Storm Code Red, only been back at it a few months and already putting up better numbers than I did back in the day.. 246 today during practice with the Code Red.
    Sorry dude, I just misunderstood your previous post. I'm the same way. When I get into something, I don't do it half-way. Even though technically I don't need the latest and greatest Hammer balls, it just makes me feel good inside. I've always been an equipment whore. Only thing is, I don't have a wife to answer to! Ha!

Anyway, that's awesome you're all set up and ready to rock. It's nice meeting you and can't wait to hear about this fall and league play. I don't know about you, but I'm pumped.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast