Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well once again I'm sidelined for the start of the season

Chats: 221

Default Well once again I'm sidelined for the start of the season

As the title says, once again I'm going to start the season on the DL. Unlike previous seasons this time its my left foot instead of my right. About a month ago I mhad a HUGE blister develop on my left heel. It goes all the way around the heel. Due to poor blood flow to the bottom of my foot it was in danger of turning to gangrene. So a week and a half ago I went into the hospital and had angioplasty done on 2 arteries that feed blood to the foot. With the arteries opened up and good blood flow to the foot ,now the haling an begin. My podiatrist has ordered a wound vac and has started the process for skin grafts. I have been informed thet the heel is one of the toghest areas to get healed so I have no idea how long i'll be out. BUMMER!!!
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

That stinks, hope it heals up quickly so you can get back at it. Bowling will still be there when you get back though, so take care of yourself.

Chats: 221

I know, I have been dealing with problems with my right foot for the last 14 Years. It has caused me to miss a lot of time recovering from surgeries on it (4 so far). Hoping that maybe by January I can start back. But whatever the case it won't be until the dr says I can
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 32

The to hear that I know it's been a fight to get on the lanes for you the few seasons. Hope it heals up for you quick
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Well hopefully this time you will be good to go and can stay at it.

Hope you heal quickly!
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

Chats: 4

I hate to hear that stormed, here's to hoping it heals fast
    and you don't miss much action on the lanes.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

I feel for ya. I have to ice my shoulder after I bowl and eat Ibuprofen like candy, but I'm still able to bowl right now. I'd be seriously bummed if I couldn't. I wish you the best, take care of the injury, and we'll hear from you again. Just come back here and read the posts if you need any motivation. I've only been here a short time, but the people here seem top notch. Good luck dude.

Sorry to hear that you're sidelined, it sounds like quite a struggle. I've been sidelined a few times and in danger of it several more, so I feel for you.
    I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and an end to the problems hampering you !

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Sorry to hear that you're sidelined, it sounds like quite a struggle. I've been sidelined a few times and in danger of it several more, so I feel for you.
    I wish you the best for a speedy recovery and an end to the problems hampering you !
    Yeah, as a bunch of us get older it &^%$#&^% stinks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast