Thread: Drilling for noob....

Default Drilling for noob....

Won the Pyramid Pathogen here and i need to get it drilled. This sounds real pathetic but looking at the drilling layouts and wording i am still not 100% sure which to pick. I am a very boring shot, have better luck with the straightest shot possible, medium speed, I guess most length. So i am assuming that would be layout 3 on the chart below?

www.bowlingball.com/products/bowling-balls/pyramid/11987/pathogen.html?drilling=1

I'd establish a relationship with your local pro shop and have him watch you throw a few shots. He'll likely ask you a few questions what you think you'd like the ball to do for you and then he'll choose a layout for you. As a relatively new player that's your best alternative and you're pro shop can make adjustments afterword that will likely not cost you anything to do. Every one needs new friends and some of them can help you even bowl better...

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

As always discuss your layout with the pro-shop to see what their opinion is on layout options.

Also check out the the review videos on the ball and the layouts they used and weight them against what you are looking for the ball to do.

just guessing but You probably want something around Layouts 3 or 4, I might would lean more towards 4 (but thats me).

Layout #2 is a 4x4x2 layout which is a popular strong layout across many brands. It might give you more movement if you don't get much now.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

I agree with letting your Pro Shop Operator give you insight on your layout. I wouldn't just go to any random one and tell em you want it drilled because you will probably get a cookie cutter layout put on the ball.. Go have a chat with your PSO and establish a good relationship with him and have him watch you throw a few down the lane.

Awesome, thanks for the help!!!