DESCRIPTION

INNER CORE - Sigma
COVERSTOCK - Helix™ HFS Reactive
FINISH - 3000 Grit LSS
RG RATING - 2.47 (15 lbs)
RG DIFFERENTIAL - 0.47 (15 lbs)
FLARE POTENTIAL - 5"+

REACTION

The Forza SS is the next step in the evolution of the Forza line. This ball has gone back to it's roots with a big boost in performance. The original Forza was best suited for shorter patterns and shallow angles. The Forza SS is an improvement in every way possible. The SS is an early reading ball best suited for medium oil. This ball carries across a wide variety of patterns. Whether you have to play up the outside on a shorter pattern, or move inside and play the middle part of the lane, the SS will get the corners out. It has a smooth yet strong predictable motion that is great when having to control the lane.

VIDEO

COMPARISONS

In the video, I compared the Forza SS to the United Revolt, Forza GT, and the Chronic Paranoia. The layout is 60 x 4.5" x 75. In terms of overall hook potential, the Forza SS fits in between the United Revolt and the Forza GT. It is also stronger than the Chronic Paranoia. As for the shape, the Forza SS reads the lane earlier than the other three balls which means it is very predictable. The United Revolt and the Forza SS are somewhat similar in shape with the United Revolt being stronger overall. In the video you will be able to see how the hook potential and shape differ from ball to ball.

I also compared a Forza SS with a 60 x 4.5" x 75 (pin down) layout to one with a 60 x 5.25" x 40 (long pin up). The pin down one had a much slower response to friction which produces a rounder shape and more overall hook. The long pin up gets further down lane with a faster response to friction and less overall hook. I haven't had any problem striking with both layouts from multiple angles.

SUMMARY

When the Revolt Havoc was discontinued I was disappointed. It was my go to ball for tighter conditions because of how it rolled. The Forza SS is better than the Havoc. Plain and simple. It reads early but isn't nearly as forward off the spot as the Havoc. I am able to play a wider variety of pattern while still maintaining a predictable smooth motion. As I have stated before, I am always adjusting surface to see what a cover can and cannot do. So far, I haven't had to touch the cover on either of my Forza SS bowling balls because of how well they roll. I look forward to seeing how much I can vary the shape and how receptive the SS cover is to surface changes. This ball is great on tighter conditions, but it also blends out the wet/dry of house conditions without burning up and going through the pins flat. This ball is a welcome addition to the Motiv lineup and a great piece.

MOTIV STAFF MEMBER

Doug Anderson