Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is aslan?

Chats: 32

Default Where is aslan?

I go on vacation for a week and he seems to have disappeared.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 4

He may be pulling an iceman trick on us and disappearing
    into thin air. LOL!!!!!!
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 204

I've taken about 4 weeks off from bowling...my longest break since I started bowling in 2013.

I'm currently devoting most of my time to job search, writing, and general survival. If I can't land a gig soon, my league aspirations for Fall/Winter are going to be in serious jeopardy. I was planning on committing to two leagues by July 20th but I can't commit to a league until I have a job locked up...because I only have enough money left to last me another 2-3 months. Bowling is difficult because once you commit...you're locked in. And if I'm jobless when October rolls around...I'll be relocating back to Michigan and moving in with my parents. Good times.

I've taken "downward career mobility" to a new level.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Chats: 32

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully something will come along for you soon. It seems like it takes forever to find something and then forever to get hired once you do. Good luck
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Aslan surely you'll find a halfway decent paying job up there
    in corn country maybe not what you'd been able to earn out
    there in Cali but there should be some good jobs up there.

I was just up there back in the first part of July and I thought
    about looking you up to bowl a few games but never got around
    to doing it because of family matters besides I'd have to drive
    over to where you was and that would have been an extra 150+
    miles away from where I was.

Hopefully you will find a job so you don't have to move back to
    Michigan and have to move in with the parents hopefully you'll
    still be in Iowa next year when I come up for vacation so we can
    get together and bowl a few games I'd really enjoy that.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

It's hard to say. I've been trying to stay positive...I mean, I can't control whether I land something or not...I can just keep applying and making an effort. No sense sweating what I can't control.

It's been challenging...because I spent the first two months picking out a league and center...doing a bunch of research...and now I can't commit to a league. And this isn't like California where everybody knew me and would grab me to sub for them as soon as walked in the alley. If I try to sub...I'll have to start from scratch and just go to the center and then probably nor get picked up. That wasn't a big deal when I lived 1.5 minutes walk from the center. But to drive 35 minutes one way...then 35 minutes home...not as ideal.

But...just when things look hopeless...I got an e-mail about a job in North Carolina and an e-mail about a job in St. Louis and found a job that looks like a real good fit in Ohio. I don't "want" to move....I JUST got done unpacking...but these are 6-figure positions in upper management. I left a 6-figure job in Cali to move to Iowa...but that was in a really high cost of living area and it wasn't upper management.

But the POINT...is that this whole process is seriously screwing with my bowling aspirations...and that is NOT acceptable!!
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 186; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I wish you the best of luck in whichever job you decide to take
    and yeah that would be a pain to have to repack everything again
    for another move.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Aslan surely you'll find a halfway decent paying job up there
    in corn country
    Well, today I got a reply from a local warehouse where I applied to be a warehouse supervisor and apparently I don't have the qualifications...despite 14 years experience working in and around warehousing and working at a level 1-3 levels higher than the supervisor level.

I even applied for a job that was pretty much the exact job I had in 1998-99...where I met and in most cases EXCEEDED their requirements...nothing. I'm willing to accept less money than what I made in Michigan 6 years ago...which was very little...but it seems like I'm "overqualified" for everything. Crazy stuff.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Aslan View Post
    It's hard to say. I've been trying to stay positive...I mean, I can't control whether I land something or not...I can just keep applying and making an effort. No sense sweating what I can't control.

It's been challenging...because I spent the first two months picking out a league and center...doing a bunch of research...and now I can't commit to a league. And this isn't like California where everybody knew me and would grab me to sub for them as soon as walked in the alley. If I try to sub...I'll have to start from scratch and just go to the center and then probably nor get picked up. That wasn't a big deal when I lived 1.5 minutes walk from the center. But to drive 35 minutes one way...then 35 minutes home...not as ideal.

But...just when things look hopeless...I got an e-mail about a job in North Carolina and an e-mail about a job in St. Louis and found a job that looks like a real good fit in Ohio. I don't "want" to move....I JUST got done unpacking...but these are 6-figure positions in upper management. I left a 6-figure job in Cali to move to Iowa...but that was in a really high cost of living area and it wasn't upper management.

But the POINT...is that this whole process is seriously screwing with my bowling aspirations...and that is NOT acceptable!!

Maybe I missed something in an earlier post, but why did you move to Iowa? I would have thought you were moving to Iowa because you had a job lined up already.

Ok, we get all the job hunting and bowling research, but do you get to see/spend time with your daughter?

That would be my main priority here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast