Description: The Forza SS is the fourth Forza in the series, and the second with a solid cover stock. The infamous Sigma Core replaces the Torx Core in this Forza combined with the new Helix HFS (High Friction Solid) cover stock. This Forza once again has the MOTIV Badge Logo, which gives it great shelf appeal.

Reaction: This Forza is an improvement on the original Forza with the core really changing the dynamics. With MOTIV’s constant improvements in cover stock technology, the Forza SS is a stronger version of the original Forza. In terms of shape the Forza SS is early as you will need even on the heaviest of patterns. As early as the Forza SS is though you will still see what MOTIV is known best for, continuation. If you watch my video you will see the ball being thrown on the PBA Bear pattern (40’, heavy and flat). The ball starts up very soon never gets too right too fast on the pattern. Because the ball stayed in front of me it still had great continuation, even through the heavier gold pins. If there is some decent volume and they are going to play tougher/flatter the Forza SS is really going to be an asset. Next in the video is a fresh house pattern in which the ball allowed me to once again control the lane and honestly never over reacted when encountering friction. This will be a great benchmark ball for those who don’t like to see the ball change direction too fast, but still need something stronger.

Comparisons: MOTIV inserts the Forza SS in the middle of the smooth column on the ball guide (http://www.motivbowling.com/resources/ball-guide.html). It sits above the Venom Shock as the Forza SS is definitely earlier, smoother and has more hook potential than a Venom Shock. The Forza GT has been in my bag a lot recently. I added surface to the original box finish of the Forza GT to get it to read sooner, but the Forza SS is just naturally earlier even with less surface.

Summary: Personally the Forza line has been the most consistent and successful line for me. It’s nice to have a stronger version of the original Forza as it now competes with the stronger covers that MOTIV has released since the original. The stable core and cover combination also make this a very versatile piece when it comes to changing hand positions which I like to do a lot. This ball provides a lot of hook and consistency at this price point!

Mike Magolan
MOTIV | Turbo | Bowlifi| Genesis Staff | BowlerX Staff