Thread: Couple shots from practice

Default Couple shots from practice

Was trying out a new tripod I got during practice. Here are a few shots I got from my second game (248). My short term goal is a 250 game and 700 series in practice. 10 pin leave in the 10th left me with a 248 after the conversion, deflection got me!!! Ended up shooting a 687 (202,248,237).
    Sorry about the not so good shots on the left lane, the left lane wasn't hooking quite as much as the right and for the life on me I couldn't catch a good shot on camera on the left lane.

Any major issue that y'all see needs addressing? I know I tend to turn my hand a little early in the bottom and it leads to a cross body follow through. I can throw the ball without doing it but when I go back to throwing it natural that just happens.

I know these may not be the best angles, but I originally made this as an edit with music to share with friends and on Youtube. I simply just muted the music in this video.

Also, do y'all think a ball change would be in order for the next game or soon atleast?? I noticed on the last few shots the ball deflected instead of driving through the pocket, although all but the last one struck. It SEEMS to me that the ball started to use up a touch too much energy causing some deflection. Granted I still bowled a 237 after this game I feel like a ball change would be in order real soon. Hopefully RG DareDevil and Wreckem coming soon for some backup!!!!

Last edited by C J; 08-10-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Dang! Wish my shot was that smooth. Lol. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Dang! Wish my shot was that smooth. Lol. Nice!
    Haha, keep practicing man it will come. My game is certainly ugly at times, have to cherish the days where everything feels clean and the pins are falling.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by C J
    It SEEMS to me that the ball started to use up a touch too much energy causing some deflection. Granted I still bowled a 237 after this game I feel like a ball change would be in order real soon
    You might want to move to the left and play more to the inside a little more to catch
    some more oil so it doesn't burn up too much energy.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    You might want to move to the left and play more to the inside a little more to catch
    some more oil so it doesn't burn up too much energy.
    I agree, I definitely need to go in and practice my inside game.... I ended up having to make about a 3-4 board move in my last game as the ball started cutting through the nose but definitely wouldn't consider it playing inside. Thank you sir.

CJ

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I agree, I definitely need to go in and practice my inside game.... I ended up having to make about a 3-4 board move in my last game as the ball started cutting through the nose but definitely wouldn't consider it playing inside. Thank you sir.

CJ
    Yeah as the old saying goes (practice makes perfect) with enough practice
    you'll be able to do like I do and play anywhere on the lanes from the 1st
    board to lofting the gutter and playing the 39th board and not even think
    a thing about having to do it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Yeah as the old saying goes (practice makes perfect) with enough practice
    you'll be able to do like I do and play anywhere on the lanes from the 1st
    board to lofting the gutter and playing the 39th board and not even think
    a thing about having to do it.
    When I was a teenager I used to be able to stand in front on the ball return and wail it out to 5 and have it come back.... Now if I get that deep I'm having trouble getting it to make the corner unless I keep it in the oil all the way down and just barely get past the head pin for a small hook back in...

Now days I get alittle more leg drive which results in more speed so maybe I just need to back off alittle on the speed or get it out in the dry a touch earlier...... I'm gonna try and make a few adjustments next time out and see what I can figure out. The way I can do it now, while I may strike, I just don't like the entry angle. It can be much better.