Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two-handers

Default Two-handers

I was away from bowling when the two handers came around. Was that accepted in the PBA immediately or did it have to be ruled in. Guess I am just old school. It just reminds me of my early bowling days when people didn't know how to bowl or care so they threw like that because it looked cool. I realize now that that's not an easy delivery, but I guess I idolize the styles of the greats, Dick Weber, Norm Duke, Earl Anthony, etc.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

As far as ruling body, it was accepted immediately and technically, two-handed is just the approach. The release is still one handed. As for a community, lots of people hate it and say it should be banned.

Do most two handers just put two fingers in the ball? Curious about the release difficulty/accuracy as compared to traditional.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Do most two handers just put two fingers in the ball? Curious about the release difficulty/accuracy as compared to traditional.
    Different for different bowlers. One of my teammates who bowls two handed will sometime bowl fingers only sometimes thumb partially inserted to control his reaction
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    Most of them only use 2 fingers but a few use the thumb like Shawn Maldonaldo and Wesley Low. Like with any release it takes practice and commitment.

In my opinion, it should have been banned by the PBA. Since it wasn't, if you have a child or a grandchild who wants to learn how to bowl, he/she had better learn two-handed if being competitive is a consideration.

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    In my opinion, it should have been banned by the PBA. Since it wasn't, if you have a child or a grandchild who wants to learn how to bowl, he/she had better learn two-handed if being competitive is a consideration.

That's interesting Rob, I didn't know you wanted it banned? What about it don't you like?

I have 4 daughters and I'm trying to teach them how to bowl, I want them to bowl two handed.

I guess for me it's just a classic traditional hang up. Kind of like if a golfer bent over and did a baseball bat swing and everyone copied it, and it became the next big thing. It could be accepted but it wouldn't be that graceful smooth technique the sport is known for.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    That's interesting Rob, I didn't know you wanted it banned? What about it don't you like?
    I don't like the fact that it gives one group of bowlers a HUGE advantage. This is not to say that a two-hander will always win, but given two bowlers with equal talents and abilities, the two-hander will prevail a majority of the time.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I don't like the fact that it gives one group of bowlers a HUGE advantage. This is not to say that a two-hander will always win, but given two bowlers with equal talents and abilities, the two-hander will prevail a majority of the time.

How does only one group have this advantage? Anyone can go out and take up two handed bowling.

You can't say because not everyone has the physical ability to do it, because if lack of physical ability was a good reason to ban those who have the physical ability from doing something. Then we all would be rolling balls down a ramp right now.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast