Thread: Any Western MA, Hartford CT area bowlers here?

Default Any Western MA, Hartford CT area bowlers here?

If there are any bowlers from the western Mass / Hartford CT area what are the best houses for league bowling in the area?

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Wish I could help but I'm in southern CT. Back in 1980 I bowled part of a season in Willimantic, CT, but I have no idea what it would be like now. Bradley Bowl looked like it was still in business the last time we flew out of Hartford, and they used to host PBA tournaments.

Good luck finding a league that you like.
    John

Bradley bowl is still open but the league situation there doesn't look that strong. But I have also been away from league bowling for a very long time and have read it's not as popular as it used to be. Bradley seems like a nice house, the PSO is a really good bowler (Mike Lichstein) but someone told me he doesn't even bowl in a league there. He bowls at another house, but I have not confirmed this.

I have heard from a few that Silver Lanes in East Hartford is a really good house with some strong leagues but that is the least convient option for me.

I bowl primarily at Silver Lanes. It does have a good amount/selection of leagues and the owner is committed to league bowlers/bowling (and active there). If you are looking for something specific it may be worth the trek. Bradley is good as well, there are definitely leagues - Mike and Norm are good guys and should have some info on the leagues there too. Other than those two, not sure of any larger/league-centric centers in northern CT, I'm also more familiar with the central/southern area and could point you towards a few if you were looking for another alternative.