Thread: I need a ball that goes longer for my new high rev game

Default I need a ball that goes longer for my new high rev game

I have the Hammer Phobia and original Scandal. I'm throwing fairly high revs at about 15mph. The Phobia hooks a lot, and wondering where to go from there. The Scandal is crazy hook territory. I'm not going to change my speed, so...... any suggestions? It doesn't have to be a Hammer, but something that can go long and finish hard. Any good polished reactive balls? Thanks.
    Last edited by Eddy; 08-12-2017 at 10:23 PM.

RG DareDevil. If you want a lot of backend the Storm Code Black would probably fit the bill and the Storm Timeless seems to be shining for high rev games.

You could also tweak the surface and throw some polish on your current weapons and see how they respond.

What changes did you make to your game to suddenly become a high rev player? My revs have increased over the last few weeks but thats just from getting a more efficient approach and cleaner release and mostly practicing a lot. Not high revs by any means though, still a medium revs player like I have always been.

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post

What changes did you make to your game to suddenly become a high rev player?
    Thanks for the reply btw.

I am having wrist issues so I decided to get a Brunswick Bionic metal wrist brace. It instantly transformed my release to what I imagined it should be. I know some here don't like them, but I'm throwing the ball beautifully with it and don't plan to change any time soon. Maybe compared to some people my revs aren't anything special, but I'm able to line up all the way to the left, put it out to the gutter, and bring it all the way back.

I wound up getting a Hammer Cherry Vibe after watching a ton a videos on it. It's supposed to go longer but still pack a punch. It won't be ready until next week, so I don't know how it will react. But it should be a better ball for the dry conditions I often encounter. Today I had to use my plastic spare ball for strikes because it was so dry out there.

I'm still looking for one more ball though, to round out my ball collection. I'd like something that will hook slightly more than my plastic ball. So far I'm thinking about the Rhino or the Motiv Freestyle. Both are considered entry level performance. Or maybe an entry level Pyramid will do the trick?

I think the Motiv Freestyle would be a good choice... "Entry level" is more for price point and not necessarily hook potential. There are some hook monsters out there that are "entry level".

If you are looking at Pyramid, the Path Rising would be perfect! Will hook slightly more than plastic (depending on how it is drilled, of course!)
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums