Thread: New ball testing

Default New ball testing

I bowled in a proshop sponsored league over the summer where you got a new ball at a reduced cost.

I choose the ball based on using it at the primary center where I bowl, not the summer center where I bowled this league.

I of course tried it out at the summer league over the last couple of weeks in the season and found it was hard for me to control
    as it would hook a ton when it got to the end of the pattern......but keeping in mind my home center uses a little more oil and a longer pattern I
    was interested to see how it reacted there.

Yesterday was my chance, I stopped down and found one of the guys oiling for a early starting league.
    I had the counter person put me just down a couple lanes from where he was ending.

The lanes were burnt, not having been oiled since last Friday and having a promo of .75 a game over the weekend had tons of games on them.
    I tried the new ball ( Marvel Pearl) and found I had to move quite far left and keep the ball out near 3rd arrow to get into a little oil and managed to toss a couple
    of 190 games.
    By this time he was down near me with the oiler and we were talking about the upcoming season and who was leaving or joining our Friday league. He said he had enough oil in the machine to do my pair and so he put down a fresh new surface.

I moved back to my usual starting marks and started throwing some balls, really like how smooth and powerful this ball moves to the pocket and with the heavier oil it's not hard to control at all. I threw 2 more games and ended up with a 235 and 236, I really think I'm going to like this ball for the upcoming season!
    It sure passed the early testing.
    Now I see why some guys stashed one or two of these balls a few years ago when they were discontinued in the original run.

I'm sure Storm is getting nudged quite a bit to put this ball into production. This ball is definitely getting some love at my center and people sure seem to love it. However I think the Code Red for me has the spot filled that the Marvel Pearl would fill so I may not get my hands on one for awhile. Got some other holes to fill but maybe i'll get to try one out before its all said and done.