Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Handicap

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Years ago, back when I was healthy I shot 788 the first night. The next week I was neg 43 for handicap.
    I guess you need a 900 to help your team....... lol

I'll take that "problem" any day. Nice series btw.

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Stormed1 View Post
    Years ago, back when I was healthy I shot 788 the first night. The next week I was neg 43 for handicap.
    Had you been in my league your 2nd weeks average would have been 207 if you were 200 the 1st week. All leagues should use the cushion system along with the 10 pin drop rule. We used to use 30 game now only 21 game cushion.

I'm not complaining, especially since I've yet to try it. I think I'm more astounded that a team could average 1100. That's 220 a person. Like I said before, high average in my last league was 221. 80% of the league was below 200. It's a tough old house. From 1962 to 1990, there were only 6 300 games recorded there total. I bowled there from 1980 until 1994, and only saw 1 in a summer league. My highest was 280 there.
    I haven't seen any of the teams in my new league bowl yet, nor have I seen a recap sheet from last year. What I did see in the lobby was a list of 300's for last season, and there were over 60, plus 30 or so 299's. Many 800's too. It's something to look forward to.

Pin Crusher

We have 24 teams and only about 8 are over 1000 the highest is 1044. You always want the cap to be high enough that a team has little chance of being over it. New teams have to be under 1050 to start.

We went to this system because if you use the difference between team averages you totals for high game and high series depends on who you bowl. We give $200 to the team with the highest H\C series. $120 to highest Game H\C.

About 12 years ago we had a team with 1130 team average. When the quit for a few years and then decided to come back it was too late. We had changed the rules. They were all welcome but not on the same team.

My experience is that most lower score bowlers do not care to understand the handicap process. They just want to complain. That is unless they are older bowlers who have had a decrease in average due to limited capabilities that may come with age. Those bowlers know the score (and handicap) issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12