Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pro-Shop vs Online

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by idelarosa1 View Post
    Hi, I am a new bowler wanting to buy a new set of equipment, my local pro shop has some deals, but I think that it's a little bit more than I would like to pay, as i have a budget of like 125 for ball and drilling, besides the ball selection isn't all that great. The begginer bundle is good, but only offers a plastic ball,mediocre bag, and mediocre shoes, but what can you expect fot just 120?Anyways, I hear buying online is better and cheaper, but still, a pro shop would be more personal and more suited to my local Lane. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by idelarosa1 View Post
    To everyone, I think you misunderstood, I have a budget of 200 not 120, I was just saying that 120 is very low and you cannot expect a combo at that price to have such good stuff
    You didn't say a $200 budget in this thread, you said "a budget of like 125"

$200 was in your other thread:

Please help a new(ish) bowler here!
    http://www.bowlingboards.com/threads...-bowler-here!?

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Yeah you definitely didn't communicate $200 in this thread. That will open your opportunities up much more. Depending on how much ball you wanna go with vs. if you're trying to get a ball and shoes. For a ball, $200 can get you a pretty good ball to include drilling. All depends on the route you wanna go with it.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Y For a ball, $200 can get you a pretty good ball to include drilling. All depends on the route you wanna go with it.
    Well he wants to get a bag and shoes out of that also, Which that's doable.

I'd go entry level Resin or Urethane, A pair of handed shoes and a cheap bag.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    Well he wants to get a bag and shoes out of that also, Which that's doable.

I'd go entry level Resin or Urethane, A pair of handed shoes and a cheap bag.
    Agreed, that is doable with $200. Personally, I would skip the bag and make a book bag or even seesaw work for the time being. Dexter has shoes for $30-$40. So he should definitely be able to get a decent entry resin or urethane ball. Idk how much the Storm Pitch Blue is off the top of my head drilled but I think that would be a good option for him as far as urethane goes. Ebonite Cyclone seems to be the entry level standard for resin.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12