Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanction Fees

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

What I heard was that a bunch of chicken S*** people had little mom and pop assn.'s and he had to pay in all of them all. Not the amount so much. I don't feel that great about having to pay more when so much of the money goes to the WPBA and PBA. I understand the testing and rules but there are a lot of things I just don't agree on. Team USA is another. And if they give anything to the Olympic effort that would be another. The Bowling center assn. should cover it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I will never really understand this feeling. Not picking on you tax just the first post I seen with this sentiment. Even if you only bowl during the fall that's usually around 36 weeks so 36 divided by $24 is 66 cents a week. If you bowl year round it's 46 cents a week. I loose more change in my sofa during the year.
    Agreed. Scale back on Starbucks a few weeks and you'll be even

Hmmm. Well, when you retire and are on a fixed income and have to make each dollar count for two you will understand - maybe. I did not begrudge the expense either when I was working but now I am not. Glad you can find the nickles and dimes in your sofa - they are not there in mine.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    Hmmm. Well, when you retire and are on a fixed income and have to make each dollar count for two you will understand - maybe. I did not begrudge the expense either when I was working but now I am not. Glad you can find the nickles and dimes in your sofa - they are not there in mine.
    No offense was intended tax and I do realize some peoples budgets are more stretched than others.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    What I heard was that a bunch of chicken S*** people had little mom and pop assn.'s and he had to pay in all of them all. Not the amount so much. I don't feel that great about having to pay more when so much of the money goes to the WPBA and PBA. I understand the testing and rules but there are a lot of things I just don't agree on. Team USA is another. And if they give anything to the Olympic effort that would be another. The Bowling center assn. should cover it in my opinion.
    That's true on the multiple payments as I stated I pay in 3 different associations myself I think the local dues in the other two associations are $5 and $7. I serve on my local association board and the state youth board so I see where they money locally goes and never had an issue with it.

I believe the BPAA does sponsor Team USA also and probably the PBA and WPBA too but I'm less sure about those. I would be in large favor of bowling in the Olympics myself (at least as long as we don't ruin it with a stupid scoring system). I do think the BPAA has the responsibility of some serious skin in the game with these types of events but so do the rank and file bowler. If the sport doesn't grow 10 years from now it will be gone as we know it and become a game only played in boutique bars and shopping centers. That won't benefit proprietors or bowlers in equal measure. If anyone is willing to at least try something I will applaud their efforts.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Pin Crusher

Maybe I am wrong but the local assn.'s do all the collecting of Certification fee's, they get all the averages from the leagues and put send everything to USBC. The work is done before it is sent in.

Pin Crusher

Not one person said a word about the fee change at the meeting. We will see the first night.

Cranker

There was some rumblings about the increase at my League Meeting last night but for the most part they took it in stride. Someone did ask what they get for being a member and I said the main one is the bonding and they cover the money in the league if it gets stolen.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by JasonNJ View Post
    There was some rumblings about the increase at my League Meeting last night but for the most part they took it in stride. Someone did ask what they get for being a member and I said the main one is the bonding and they cover the money in the league if it gets stolen.
    I never heard any complaints at my meeting or on another league which I just happened to be at while waiting for my summer payout.

As for answering the question about what you get, they had handouts which listed benefits:
    http://usbcongress.http.internapcdn....WhyCertify.PDF

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Pin Crusher

Did they raise he amount covered for theft? 10k fall really short.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast