Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sanction Fees

Chats: 1

Default Sanction Fees

How exactly are sanction fees determined? Are they set by the USBC? If not how much is everyone's fees? I just got told at our captians meeting that our sanction fees are going from 20 to 25 this year...
    Rolling: Storm Snap Lock, Track Kinetic Emerald, Columbia 300 Freeze, and Pyramid Path Spare

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

From the Rule book:

Adult Standard
    The maximum Standard National and State membership dues structure for adults may only be changed
    by the USBC delegation. Standard local membership dues are established by the local membership at
    the local annual meeting.

Standard membership dues paid annually are $13.00 National dues plus State dues up to a maximum
    of $5.00 and Local dues as determined by the local membership at the local association annual
    meeting

I don't know what the dues are this year here yet, Last year it was $17. So I figure it will be about $20 this year.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-17-2017 at 08:09 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Chats: 4

Yeah our fees are going up this year also not exactly
    sure on how much yet.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Sanction fees were set by the defunct ABC, the American Bowling Congress. The Certification fee is set by the USBC, the United States Bowling Congress.

Now this was discussed a few months ago when at the convention the National dues were raised by $3. Our local also added $2. Now our fees are $25.

Can't wait for next Fridays meeting. Which is an open meeting. All organizational meetings should be open meetings. Captain's meetings are not where rules are voted on. That is for open meetings where all bowlers can vote.
    Last edited by fordman1; 08-18-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Just checked for myself the new fees will be $24.00. Ouch. Seems like a lot.

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

be happy you only have to pay one local
    I bowl at 3 different houses and they all fall into different locals since no one wants to play nice
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Pin Crusher

Curious How many centers in each assn. and how many leagues in each house.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    be happy you only have to pay one local
    I bowl at 3 different houses and they all fall into different locals since no one wants to play nice
    I pay in three different locals also.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by taxexpert2 View Post
    Just checked for myself the new fees will be $24.00. Ouch. Seems like a lot.
    I will never really understand this feeling. Not picking on you tax just the first post I seen with this sentiment. Even if you only bowl during the fall that's usually around 36 weeks so 36 divided by $24 is 66 cents a week. If you bowl year round it's 46 cents a week. I loose more change in my sofa during the year.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Bowling Guru
    Chats: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    I will never really understand this feeling. Not picking on you tax just the first post I seen with this sentiment. Even if you only bowl during the fall that's usually around 36 weeks so 36 divided by $24 is 66 cents a week. If you bowl year round it's 46 cents a week. I loose more change in my sofa during the year.
    But your wife or your kids eventually find those nickels, dimes and quarters, so you're just redistributing the wealth in your family. Add to that the fact that even if you notice you've lost a coin the reaction is usually "oh, it's just a quarter."
    When it's dues, it all gets paid at once, and most of us don't think about the fact it works out to 40 or 50 cents a week for the year.
    John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast