Thread: It was all going good until...........

Default It was all going good until...........

I bounced the ball off my ankle!!!! Lol

Went in tonight to practice on a freshly oiled pair.... First ball, did not quite make it back. Moved in 3 boards and backed off on the speed. In the pocket and went for a 4 bagger. Didn't feel like I could miss, I was burying the pocket. Next ball, I don't know what I did with my slide foot but the ball banged off my ankle and that was pretty much all she wrote for the day. I couldn't put much weight on it for about 3-4 frames. Bowled terrible after that, don't think I trusted my approach after that. My PSO came down and put some rubber caps down on about the 10 board for me to practice my outside game and I managed a 232 but other than that it all went down hill after the ankle incident.

Chats: 4

Been there done that and yep it hurts a lot and makes it
    hard to make a comeback after that for a little while.

I used to brush my pant leg on every ball but now days I
    can not get down and get it that close anymore because
    of my old knees so I don't have that problem anylonger.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Yeah it is definitely sore today. I have grazed it a few times but this
    is the first time I have wacked it solid. When I finally found my way back
    to the pocket I started leaving tons of 10s. Oh well, atleast I was able
    to squeeze one decent game out of the deal after the incident. I'll get back in
    there soon and get some redemption.

Sounds painful, I have never done that myself but I do sometimes brush against my leg, doesn't usually make any direct contact.
    If it makes you feel any better we have a team gag of throwing a ball between the legs once in a while and one time a few years ago one of the guys didn't release the ball low enough and hit himself, he wasn't doing too good after that......I'm not sure he ever tried that shot again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Sounds painful, I have never done that myself but I do sometimes brush against my leg, doesn't usually make any direct contact.
    If it makes you feel any better we have a team gag of throwing a ball between the legs once in a while and one time a few years ago one of the guys didn't release the ball low enough and hit himself, he wasn't doing too good after that......I'm not sure he ever tried that shot again.......
    Ouch!!!! Yeah that would be a last time deal for me lol.

Chats: 0

I've only done it once, but I still remember it well! Hope you heal up quickly and get back out there.

I should be good to go again when I get back in town on Monday. I can bare weight and do all the normal things it's just tender to the touch but other than that I think I'm fine. Guess I still have a few of my younger traits left, I thought they had all but vanished lol. I'm sure this will go in the next few years as well lol.

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I thought they had all but vanished lol. I'm sure this will go in the next few years as well lol.
    If you're anything like me then yes it will vanish with age and knee
    problems and then you don't have to worry about banging that ankle
    with the ball again.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    If you're anything like me then yes it will vanish with age and knee
    problems and then you don't have to worry about banging that ankle
    with the ball again.
    Haha thats true. Knees are already tore up from my years in the military and law enforcement... Spending a lot of time under a 300lb barbell doing back squats hasn't helped.. Patella Tendinitis will plague me for the rest of my life. But hey, you only live once. Rather be a little beat up down the road than not have done things I loved when I was able too.