Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Had my first lesson today.

If the response was always "get a coach" I don't think we would even need message boards. Especially on this Technique board.

Plus there is a big difference from "get a coach" to "get a qualified coach". And I'm not referring to the Gold/Silver/Bronze certification. Many top tier coaches don't know their left hand from their right. Just that they studied/memorized the best.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Being desparate for improvement i told my wife there s a place in texas that is like a bowling fantasy camp. Its expensive. She thought i was nuts. Then i said...its in Arlington. 15 minutes from the Cowboys. ...and the bowling hall of fame as a bonus for me. Now she is excited...so..we are going to make the trip and im going to take a full day lesson and take her to a game. I hope it wont be a waste and i have the endurance to bowl all day. I think im just trying to bowl completely perfectly insread of just getting up there and hitting my mark

Bowler

I didnt want to listen to coaches when i was a kid. I wanted to do my own thing. I making up for lost time now. I didnt start aiming til i was 28. I used to just crank it towards the gutter while looking down at my feet to see where i ended up at the line. I might as well have been blindfolded. But i still threw a 278 this way

Cranker

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    Being desparate for improvement i told my wife there s a place in texas that is like a bowling fantasy camp. Its expensive. She thought i was nuts. Then i said...its in Arlington. 15 minutes from the Cowboys. ...and the bowling hall of fame as a bonus for me. Now she is excited...so..we are going to make the trip and im going to take a full day lesson and take her to a game. I hope it wont be a waste and i have the endurance to bowl all day. I think im just trying to bowl completely perfectly insread of just getting up there and hitting my mark

Sounds like an awesome trip. I've never been to the IRTC but I know the area pretty well. I used to work for a company that had offices down there and I would fly in from NJ about 2 or 3 times a year. You'll practically be across the street from the Six Flags park and 5 minutes away from Rangers stadium. When you go, let us know how it is, I'd like to take a lesson there one day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    it's about having fun and just bowling.

Bowler

I am getting frustrated over inconsistency which is why I'm going to treat myself to a full day lesson in TX. I need to pick something and go with it...tempo, arm angle, where to hold the ball...i keep tweaking these things...the other day..i was watching David Ozio bowl and thought..I'd like to be that smooth..and so I went and tried to bowl like that... I keep changing my shot if it doesn't seem to be working..I need someone to tell me...here...throw it like this...tweek this...now repeat and don't look back.
    After 38 years this summer did I learn not to force and muscle the ball and keep my arm straight in the back swing. ..i guess I need some time to commit all this to memory without having to think about it while I'm throwing it.
    I started a new once a month league tonight at a different bowling alley then the one i've always bowled leagues at. I was all over the place..155,155, 188. Wasn't until the 3rd game did I find a strike shot and started with 4 in a row..then the next frame I put a little extra on and it was all down hill from there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123