Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A very sad time for me

Sorry to hear that Rob. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the bowling you are still able to do... and know that your advice is always appreciated here.

Chats: 32

Sorry Rob I was out last week so just now seeing this. The decline in out bodies effects us all and at different rates I hate to see that yours is forcing you to step away from more serious competitive bowling. I hope you continue to write and coach as I've always found you insightful even if we've occasionally disagreed. Maybe you should look into being a league secretary to keep involved in the competitive side of the bowling world and I'm sure any youth league would happily have you assist both of which could keep you involved enough to continue with your coaching hopefully.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Chats: 204

It's an eventuality we all will eventually face.

I got my first ball from my grandfather when he was forced to stop bowling due to a combination of bursitis in his shoulder and arthritis in his wrist. He was never a great bowler and didn't ever have Rob's talent...but he loved bowling recreationally 1-2 times a week as much or more than anyone I've ever known. He was always active...bowling, bike riding, walking, golfing...and to lose that ability was as tough to watch as watching my grandmother lose her mental capacities.

Fortunately for bowling...there are senior opportunities that aren't as competitive...where a person can at least get out there and throw a ball. And Rob has a tremendous advantage given his knowledge base and understanding of technology.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Pyramid Force Pearl; (: .) Brunswick Rhino Gold; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 15.5mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

Ringer
    Chats: 0

Sorry to hear this, im glad to see that your thinking about still coaching.

Sorry to hear about this, Rob. You are always welcome here! Hoping that it is not causing you any physical pain.
    If you or your company would like to advertise on BowlingBoards.com, PM me.

Add this to your signature to show your support for BowlingBoards.com and the Bowling Forums

I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums

It's a rough day when you have to give up something you love like that, I watched my Dad have to quit playing golf when he couldn't play any longer at 82.....

Good luck with your continued involvement in the sport and all activities you can continue to enjoy.

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure, but I'd estimate at least another week or so. I have to cancel contract tomorrow, but I believe that I'm paid up through the end of the month.
    Sorry to hear that amigo. Your articles on your website are a treasure. Though many may not agree with some of your assessments I find them invaluable! Just finished copying all of them & archiving for future reminders as 've read them several times already. You will sorely missed & I wish you well. Thanks for your contributions over the years. Godspeed coach!

Thank you all for your well-wishes. I'm kinda looking forward to bowling recreationally, giving the occasional lesson, and working with the Jr. Gold kids on the weekend!

Thanks RobLV1 for the help, tips, and positive energy you have provided for the game we all love!

Chats: 55

Although I know competitive bowling is in your blood, sometimes when we slow down a bit (and as my momma would say-"smell the roses") we find that it's time and things actually work out better than we were anticipating.

Here's hoping the best for you and anyone lucky enough to be involved in your bowling world.
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast