Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A very sad time for me

Chats: 0

That's a bummer. Still glad to hear that you're not just hanging it up for good. I hope you make some new friends

I'm actually going to practice tomorrow with my wife for the first time in years. I don't have much ball speed, and the lanes are really dry right now, but I'm able to hit the pocket consistently with a plastic spare ball with a 500 abrasion surface. Once others dry out the track with their reactive balls, I can even carry with it! LOL

Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    After suffering from degenerative bone disease and arthritis for many years now, it's finally come time for me to step away from scratch and almost-scratch leagues where I can no longer be competitive. I plan on bowling in two recreation leagues beginning this year. This will allow me to either use a plastic ball to compensate for my lack of speed, or use a more aggressive ball with a one-step approach which is much less painful. This makes me very sad, but I still love bowling as much as ever, so I will continue to bowl in leagues where 150 games are not a cause for humiliation. God bless you all, and make sure that you never take your physical ability to bowl for granted.
    Sorry to hear what is happening to you. I had bladder cancer in may of 2015 and had an operation to remove my bladder. I caught it early so didn't need chemo. Then about a year later I had to get my left hip replaced. So I couldn't bowl for a little over a year. I got back into bowling the end of October 2016. So now I am 70 and still throwing my ball again. I am not giving up yet. So I am still bowling league. I will go as long as I can. So good luck to you and your bowling.
    Arsenal: Raw Hammer Orange/Black Hybrid 14lbs, Blue Hammer urethane 14lbs, Columbia 300 Lava Ball Plastic 14lbs, Highest scratch series 710 Bowling 38 years Never hit that 300 game. Highest game 276, had 11 strikes and one spare in the middle of that game.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123