Rev Rate: 500
Axis Tilt: 25
Axis Rotation: 45
Ball Speed:17
PAP Measurements: 4 1/8
Inner Core: Halogen
Coverstock: Agility SFP Reactive
Finish: 5500 Grit LSP

The Tag Cannon features the proven Halogen core wrapped in the all know Agility SFP coverstock, the characteristics of the Cannon is to provide the bowler with not only a fast response down lane as the original Tag but also a smooth response as well. I got exactly what I expected out of the Tag Cannon in terms of overall ball motion as it is different from the original Tag, the Cannon is bigger than the Tag up front and smoother down lane so whereas the original Tag would check upon encountering friction the Tag Cannon smooths out upon encountering friction. Because I was pleased with the out of box reaction I got from the Tag Cannon much like the original I did not feel the need to alter the surface, however for the sake of science I did anyway. Adding surface to the Tag Cannon will even out the ball reaction more than what it does naturally which I found to be beneficial on heavier medium patterns, to an extent I was able to take advantage of its natural end over end roll and had zero issues with carry.

Comparisons
Freestyle Rush: The Freestyle Rush is longer than that of the Tag Cannon and is also smoother upon encountering friction, because it is smoother I feel it can be a reasonable step down from the Tag Cannon depending on how you lay it out.
Carbon Octane: The Carbon Octane is much bigger compared to that of the Tag Cannon, although they do share similarities in terms of length however ball motion wise the Carbon Octane is more angular down lane and provides more overall hook.

Overall I am pleased with the Tag Cannon as it does as advertised and a great build upon the Halogen core, I was a huge fan of the Tag however because I like sitting on top of the ball it wasn’t something I could force feed into the spot if I needed to. No problem doing that with the Tag Cannon. Instead of seeing the ball check down lane I get a smooth roll over and no grab and that is something I consider to be a plus, the Tag Cannon will be a great fit for all the tournament bowlers who need a ball that provides length and controlled angularity, for league bowlers that encounters lighter conditions in league the Tag Cannon will allow them to play in their comfort zone longer than with bigger weaponry. In football they say a QB with a cannon for an arm is a dangerous thing…..Well a bowler with a Cannon for a bowling ball is worlds dangerous more so I encourage you pick one up.

Your game will thank you for it.

K.C. White II
Motiv Staff
Mongoose Tape Staff