Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling gloves

I've tried many brands of gloves to protect my fingers and base of my index finger/palm. I can tell you that the elite glove uses this tacky material like wide receivers use in their gloves. Really tacky stuff. It allowed me to relax my hand even more when holding/swinging the ball, thus increasing my revs. In the conditions I bowl on, I didn't like that. I don't use the gloves anymore.

Elite glove are the cheapest and don't really last long for my big hand. I know a bowler who uses it and used it for two seasons. For me, it doesn't last full season like storm or ebo gloves. But I really like the elite gloves overall. it's cheap, I got two.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

I have always thought of trying different things but remember back in the day that I tried gloves and braces. Always went back to just my bare hand. Only thing I would consider trying now days if I had to spend my money on it would be KT Tape like EJ Tackett wears (already have some). Maybe the neoprene wrist wraps or "rev wraps" as one company calls it. These are more for cool points I think as I don't see how either would provide legitimate support.

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I have always thought of trying different things but remember back in the day that I tried gloves and braces. Always went back to just my bare hand. Only thing I would consider trying now days if I had to spend my money on it would be KT Tape like EJ Tackett wears (already have some). Maybe the neoprene wrist wraps or "rev wraps" as one company calls it. These are more for cool points I think as I don't see how either would provide legitimate support.
    The Turbo Rev wrap is just their version of the old Master Wrister, Brunswick calls theirs the Pro Wrister It's a support but not in the sense that most bowlers think of a wrist support.

It's for more compression and heat retention, it helps with things like carpel and repetitive stress.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-21-2017 at 06:11 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The Turbo Rev wrap is just their version of the old Master Wrister, It's a support but not in the sense that most bowlers think of a wrist support.

It's for more compression and heat retention, it helps with things like carpel and repetitive stress.
    I was thinking about getting one for the compression as I have used similar wrist wraps before while working out but they wrap a lot tighter. Think it would just give one the "warm and fuzzy" feeling that they have something there if there are no existing injuries. I know a guy who had a wrist injury a while back and wore one but he said now he just wears it because he likes the way it feels and it gives him a vote of confidence that he has something there.

But like you said, I could see it helping greatly for people with nerve related injuries (carpal tunnel) and such.

Chats: 55

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    The Turbo Rev wrap is just their version of the old Master Wrister, Brunswick calls theirs the Pro Wrister It's a support but not in the sense that most bowlers think of a wrist support.

Do you have a picture of this?
    Proud member of bowlingboards.com bowling forums & winner of bowling ball give-away!
    High Series - 704; High Game - 290 (a long time ago) Current Average - 150

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by classygranny View Post
    Do you have a picture of this?
    Here's both, In away it has similarities to your (an mine) Mongoose Cleanshot. It just doesn't have the inserts to back the hand up.

Turbogrip Rev® Wrap

Master Wrister
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-22-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12