Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The first 300...

Default The first 300...

Ok...I will shoot a 300 someday! I am sure that feeling never gets old. What I want to know is what did that first one feel like? Were you a hot mess in those last few shots or calm and cool? I have strung 5 or 6 and then I fall apart. I want to get inspired!!!

After my first shot in the 10th I was calm and cool. Every other time I've been close since I've been kind of nervous... which is odd. And I haven't done it since! I would equate it to being anchor and knowing you need a strike to win the game. As to how it felt immediately after? Surreal is the best description. It was also game 1, so after a few minutes it was back to the match and needing to focus again.

Bowling is as much a mental game as it is physical, staying calm under pressure comes a lot easier for some than others. However, it's also something you can work on and get better at.

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Bowling is as much a mental game as it is physical, staying calm under pressure comes a lot easier for some than others. However, it's also something you can work on and get better at.
    Yes....definitely. Being focused and calm every shot and then not over thinking everything....yeesh...big challenge for me!

I'll let you know when I get there, Most I have managed is 7 or maybe 8 in a row. I can't remember but I know I haven't got the front 9 yet.. I typically end up and get voices going in my head and need to learn how to balk on the approach when that happens.

Chats: 4

The first 300 game that I had I wasn't the least bit nervous but
    the first 299 game that I shot a couple of months earlier before
    I got that first 300 game I just got a little bit nervous on the last
    ball but I have not been nervous since then no matter what I'm going
    for.

Yeah that first 300 was a wonderful feeling to have and to know
    that I accomplished it in life as some bowlers never get to know
    that feeling as they never have a chance at a 300 game in their
    bowling career.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by got_a_300 View Post
    Yeah that first 300 was a wonderful feeling to have and to know
    that I accomplished it in life as some bowlers never get to know
    that feeling as they never have a chance at a 300 game in their
    bowling career.
    YES!!! I want that feeling!

Chats: 4

Quote Originally Posted by santos314 View Post
    YES!!! I want that feeling!
    Keep throwing that ball and maybe one day it will just happen
    when you least expect it.
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Chats: 1

I shot my first 300 in March of 1997. At that time the lanes were very tough in my house. There were only 6 300s shot up to that point in the season, and the house was stacked with leagues. My first strike was a swisher, and I was high flush up until the 10th frame. While I was over thinking the first shot in the 10th frame. One of the opposing team decided to bust my chops. We ended up going back and forth at each other. I jumped up on the lane, and buried all 3 balls in the 10th. It shut up my opponent. He did get a dig in about my series. I ended up with a 697, 198 - 300 - 199. Every ball that night was in the pocket and it was a clean series.
    Style: Power Stroker/Tweener - 16.5 - 17.5 mph, PAP 4 1/2 x 0

In the bags:
    Retooled with 15 lb equipment.

In the Bag: Radical Ludicrous, 900Global Honey Badger Claw, 900Global Honey Badger, DV8 spareball

In the Bullpen : Radical Quick Fix, Radical Katana

The archives: Ebonite Grey Wolf (first 300), Red Wolf (first 700). Just can't let them go.

Wow .....Nice!

SandBagger
    Chats: 26

back in the 90's when i was bowling I had 2-299, a 298 and a 297. something about closing the deal that eluded me.
    since coming back 2 years ago, I've had the front 10, 4 times now and its the excitement of the 11th that has me stuck. All 4 times I threw the ball too fast.
    Ohh well, maybe one day I'll get out of my own way and seal the deal, until then the quest goes on.
    Beyond Revs Pro Shop Staffer. West Valley and Riverton, Utah.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums. 900Global Inception DCT, Inception Pearl, Honey Badger, Covert Ops, Special Ops, Desert Ops Brunswick Green Quantum Radical Tremendous

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast