Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The first 300...

Quote Originally Posted by LyalC52 View Post
    back in the 90's when i was bowling I had 2-299, a 298 and a 297. something about closing the deal that eluded me.
    since coming back 2 years ago, I've had the front 10, 4 times now and its the excitement of the 11th that has me stuck. All 4 times I threw the ball too fast.
    Ohh well, maybe one day I'll get out of my own way and seal the deal, until then the quest goes on.
    Wow...280 is the best for me...that was only because my first frame was a spare. Yeah, if I got near 10 in a row i would be a hot mess. I would have to start drinking again to calm the nerves! Lol

I guess shooting a 299 has to be way more frustrating than only stringing 10 or even 11.

Chats: 256

That first 300 is indeed sweet. I remember vividly stepping up in the 10th frame and trying just to line myself up and stop my self from shaking. My knees were probably visibly knocking LOL.

The first shot in 10th was right in the pocket, 2nd was a mixer, and the last one I got fast and tugged it. The ball just made a bee line to the pocket though and crushed the pocket. Was a very good feeling, the whole center stopped to watch.

I don't think the feeling of nervousness ever goes away completely.
    My last one this past February, I do remember not being as nervous, and just went up in the 10th with the same idea of making every shot like I had the prior 9.
    High Sanctioned Scratch Game - 300(12) Hi Sanctioned Scratch Series - 822(3)
    2016/17 Book Average=221, 2017/18 Composite Average=223
    Equipment in the bag - Storm Crux Prime, Storm Physix, Roto Grip Idol, Roto Grip Idol Pearl, Roto Grip Hyper Cell Fused, Storm Sure Lock, Storm Drive, Roto Grip Winner Solid, Roto Grip Haywire, Storm Fever Pitch, Roto Grip Red ball spare.

Rev Rate 400. Speed 18 at heads, 16.5-17 at pins. Axis tilt 10, Axis Rotation 55. PAP 5 5/8 x 5/8 up

I had the first 10 once, and when I turned around on the approach, I noticed most of the league was watching me. My hands started shaking, and I became a mess. I proceeded to throw it way wide and get 6 then miss the spare for a 267. But it was fun even though I choked. I'll have another chance real soon once league starts. I believe I will get one eventually.

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    I had the first 10 once, and when I turned around on the approach, I noticed most of the league was watching me. My hands started shaking, and I became a mess. I proceeded to throw it way wide and get 6 then miss the spare for a 267. But it was fun even though I choked. I'll have another chance real soon once league starts. I believe I will get one eventually.
    same here..but the first 9 instead. That was in 2000. Haven't done it since. I got a 7 and ended with a 276...
    That league I was really really cranking the ball hard. I've now learned not to muscle the ball. It began to hurt quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Albundy View Post
    same here..but the first 9 instead. That was in 2000. Haven't done it since. I got a 7 and ended with a 276...
    That league I was really really cranking the ball hard. I've now learned not to muscle the ball. It began to hurt quite a bit
    My math must be off. I know I had the first 10 then choked. Not sure of my final score. I wound up with a 690 that night.

Anyone prefer the old school method of waiting until you HAVE to add pins to a frame, instead of instantly adding your score? I used to keep score in tournaments and would not add a thing to the sheet until I had to. Remember those big sheets of paper?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
    Anyone prefer the old school method of waiting until you HAVE to add pins to a frame, instead of instantly adding your score? I used to keep score in tournaments and would not add a thing to the sheet until I had to. Remember those big sheets of paper?
    Yes!!! I can't stand the score keepers with instant adding....it drives me crazy. Back in the day we thought it was bad luck to add anything early! Lol. I would take those big sheets back any day. Anyone use those clear sheets and the wax pencil??? It was light projected on the board above. The light bulbs in the table got so hot, you would sweat your butt off keeping score! Dang, I'm old!

Chats: 0

I was ok until the 12 shot. Then I realized the entire place was watching. I took my time getting ready and let it go and ran it out. The place blew up! It was super cool. Once you get the first one in, more will come.

Quote Originally Posted by foreverincamo View Post
    I was ok until the 12 shot. Then I realized the entire place was watching. I took my time getting ready and let it go and ran it out. The place blew up! It was super cool. Once you get the first one in, more will come.
    Exactly. Once you've done it, there's no reason you can't do it again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12