Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Picking a 7 or 10 pin

"The thing with a lot players who say they can't roll a straight ball is, it's not that they can't throw one (they can't flatten it out etc.). It's just when they do, they find out just how wildly inaccurate they really are.

Tell them that and say they just need to practice some and they think your crazy.

It's another symptom of the THS, there's such a wide margin of error on strike shots. They assume they are accurate, because they shoot a lot of strikes. So they figure it must be something else that causes them to miss when throwing a straight ball." Bowl1820

I think some people forget that the best/better bowlers can throw a straight shot when necessary. It is an important part of a better bowler's arsenal. I really worked on throwing a dead straight ball this summer with a plastic ball, and it is paying off big time. Take the lane conditions out of the equation, and it's much easier.

I have noticed that when I miss simple spares (right-handed - usually missing to the right) it's because I don't fully extend my back-swing.
    I make the mistake of easing up on my throw for better accuracy, and get the opposite results.

Keeping a strong swing is the key for me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234