Thread: Anyone buy a $200 ball revivor for oil?

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Default Anyone buy a $200 ball revivor for oil?

I hadno idea these slow cookers existed for home use. Will it help every 40 games or so or should i just a new ball each year or 2..Does anyone use one regularly? I use 1 resin ball only at a time.

Chats: 221

I have the one from Innovative and it works GREAT
    Still love the game but had to quit because of my left leg amptation
    High game 299 x 5 High sanctioned series 805 (1989)

Chats: 4

I built my own ball revivor oven out of a Nesco food dehydrator
    there is some instructions on here somewhere how to do it by
    dnhoffman okay I found it

DIY Personal Bowling Ball Oven

It cost me less than $100 to build it and so well worth it.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling Forums
    Right handed, ex-cranker now a power tweener approx. 350 - 400 RPM's PAP 4 1/2" over 1" up high league sanctioned game 300 high league sanctioned series 788
    Bill

Bowler
    Chats: 0

Jesus storm you got more balls now than ive owned in my lifetime (9) over 33 years. But i dont do tournaments anymore and when i did i did handicap with a 170 avg...ive learned alot since but im still a 2 ball bowler. Im a lefty so my side doesnt change much. I ordered the machine and my wife just wont understand haha...ill just say itll pay for itself. I bought a ball in july and my scores are down a ton the last 2 weeks...this might help.

Chats: 204

I built one back in 2013/2014 using another food dehydrator and a 5-gallon pail.

Sometimes it seems like it works well...other times not so much.

Seems to take a lot more oil out of sanded, solid cover balls...virtually no oil removal from polished pearls. It also doesn't rotate the ball...so you end up taking out more oil from a certain area on the ball versus the pro shop machines that rotate the ball on an oil-removing towel over the course of the process.

I kinda think I got more oil out of the balls back when I used the bathtup/soapy water method. Tempted to try the dishwasher method...but the more extreme you get...the more you run the risk of ruining the ball.
    In Bag: (: .) Motiv Trident Odyssey; (: .) Hammer Scorpion Sting; (: .) Brunswick Endeavor; (: .) Radical Outer Limits Pearl; (: .) Ebonite Maxim
    USBC#: 8259-59071; USBC Sanctioned Average = 185; Lifetime Average = 171;
    Ball Speed: 14.4mph; Rev. Rate: 240rpm || High Game (sanc.) = 300 (268); High Series (sanc.) = 725 (720); Clean Games: 181

Smokey this is not 'Nam', this is bowling. There are rules. Proud two-time winner of a bowlingboards.com weekly ball give-away!

I have a ball oven (given to me) and to be honest, if you maintain your ball during and/or after leagues - wiping before you bowl, clean after a game or set with a good cleaner, and after a dozen games or so, do some deep cleaning with cleaners like Clean and Dull. Anyway, none of my equipment bled oil. NONE bled.

My friend on the other hand, she doesn't wipe or clean her stuff. Her balls bled and flooded the catch tray with oil.
    bowlingboards.com bowling ball winner!!

Chats: 2

Fokai73 - My experience exactly, I wipe ball every shot with clean microfiber towel, clean after every set with Clean & Dull at home, really never get any oil out of my balls in the Nuball. Wife on the other hand, not as religious a wiper, I do the C&D cleaning, I do get some, not a ton, of oil out of hers. Always get dirty towels with the C&D on both of ours

+1 on the Nesco homemade deoiler.

I recently built one and have been pleasantly surprised at how well it works.
    Be sure to use some white duct tape around the outside to hold all the rings together and to form one large middle section.

While in use, I wipe off the oil and rotate the ball every 20-30 mins till the oil stops weeping.
    Usually do a resurface and a deep clean on a spinner after a cool down period.

Gets a ton of oil out the solids, but not so much for the pearls. I guess the pearls don't soak up as much oil.
    Really revives sluggish ball reaction....I'm a believer.