Layout:
65 x 5 x 35

Versatility, predictability, and reliability all define the Motiv Forza SS for me. The new Helix HFS reactive coverstock (finished at 3000LSS) was developed to be wrapped around the successful Sigma core (2.47RG, .047Diff). The Sigma has been my favorite core bar none and I have been excited to see it back in action. The total strength of this ball has allowed me to easily play on fresh house shots without being too early or energy-deprived at the pocket. The HFS/Sigma combination reads the midlane ridiculously well while still retaining energy to continue through the pin deck. Once the shot starts to break down I have been able to move left quite a bit without sacrificing much hitting power; the houses I bowl in have a fair amount of volume so a typical three game block has not necessitated me crossing left of 20 yet. So far the only factors that this ball has not excelled at is on burned up, or lightly applied, oil and large launch angles through the heads; this is not a detractor as this ball is meant to eat through the heavier to medium conditions with the Tag Cannon or Freestyle Rush being able to fill the later-in-the-day role. The Forza SS gives me a good benchmark ball to test patterns and start the day out reading the lane properly.

Trent Overbey
In the Zone Pro Shop
MOTIV Staff
www.motivbowling.com