Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Two-handers

Quote Originally Posted by bowl1820 View Post
    How does only one group have this advantage? Anyone can go out and take up two handed bowling.

You can't say because not everyone has the physical ability to do it, because if lack of physical ability was a good reason to ban those who have the physical ability from doing something. Then we all would be rolling balls down a ramp right now.
    Well.....that might be part of it....I don't like it because ......I CAN'T DO IT! LOL

How does only one group have this advantage? Anyone can go out and take up two handed bowling.
    And anyone could have taken up using an anchored putter in golf, but the USGA wisely made it illegal... to preserve the integrity of the game!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    And anyone could have taken up using an anchored putter in golf, but the USGA wisely made it illegal... to preserve the integrity of the game!
    Hmmm...good point

Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Chats: 554

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    Well the Two handed approach is not illegal, So "if" it is a advantage, it's one that anyone can use if they are able and willing to learn it.

I might add I don't think a golfer deciding to start anchoring a putter (or using a belly putter) is the same as a bowler having to learn a whole new style of bowling.

Not that I'm a two handed bowler, But I think a lot of the anti-two-handed sentiment is based on some jealously (I'm not referring to you specifically) by many bowlers.

The old "Since I can't do, No one else should be able to.", In a way it's very reminiscent of the things said when resin balls came.

The old guard bowlers that couldn't make the transition from the Urethane game to the modern resin game, Would constantly rail against the bowlers using those "cheater balls" and how the "integrity of the game" was threatened.

The integrity of the game isn't threatened, The game is just changing and change scares people so they want things to stay the same.
    Last edited by bowl1820; 08-26-2017 at 07:21 PM.

Right handed Stroker, high track ,about 13 degree axis tilt. PAP is located 5 9/16” over 1 3/4” up.Speed ave. about 14 mph at the pins. Medium rev’s.High Game 300, High series 798

"Talent without training is nothing." Luke Skywalker

Well the Two handed approach is not illegal, So "if" it is a advantage, it's one that anyone can use if they are able and willing to learn it.

Not that I'm a two handed bowler, But I think a lot of the anti-two-handed sentiment is based on some jealously (I'm not referring to you specifically) by many bowlers.

The old "Since I can't do, No one else should be able to.", In a way it's very reminiscent of the things said when resin balls came.

The old guard bowlers that couldn't make the transition from the Urethane game to the modern resin game, Would constantly rail against the bowlers using those "cheater balls" and how the "integrity of the game" was threatened.

The integrity of the game isn't threatened, The game is just changing and change scares people.
    Very true...I guess whether it's one hand, two hand, or bowling with your feet, we should be thrilled that there is still interest in this game after all these years. Who knows, if two handers never came about we may have seen a greater decline and more bowling centers closed.

I remember about 12 years my mom telling me she saw my PSO at a particular house I was bowling at bowl with two hands... I looked at her like she was crazy because I had never saw it. I watched him bowl while practicing one night and man he was good... A year or so later at another center there was a youth league going on and a guy was on the lane next to me and got the front 10 or 11. He was a two hander. Only 2 I had seen up to this point. I came back and it seems 2 handers are everywhere. Should thumbless bowlers be illegal too?? I learned to bowl thumbless with a house ball and have just always been decent at bowling this way, although I don't do it now... I can go from having trouble making a ball move on oily lanes and can only take my thumb out of the ball and it backends like nobodies business.

Chats: 32

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    I remember about 12 years my mom telling me she saw my PSO at a particular house I was bowling at bowl with two hands... I looked at her like she was crazy because I had never saw it. I watched him bowl while practicing one night and man he was good... A year or so later at another center there was a youth league going on and a guy was on the lane next to me and got the front 10 or 11. He was a two hander. Only 2 I had seen up to this point. I came back and it seems 2 handers are everywhere. Should thumbless bowlers be illegal too?? I learned to bowl thumbless with a house ball and have just always been decent at bowling this way, although I don't do it now... I can go from having trouble making a ball move on oily lanes and can only take my thumb out of the ball and it backends like nobodies business.
    Most thumbless bowlers I've seen struggle with the accuracy enough to be non contenders when you take them off a house shot not saying it isn't possible but most can't hack it when they need to be able to hit what they are aiming at.
    I am a proud member of Bowlingboards.com bowling forums and ball contest winner

Current arsenal

900 Global Badger Claw - Radical Ridiculous Pearl - Spare Ball Ebonite T Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Amyers View Post
    Most thumbless bowlers I've seen struggle with the accuracy enough to be non contenders when you take them off a house shot not saying it isn't possible but most can't hack it when they need to be able to hit what they are aiming at.
    True with most 1 handed thumbless bowlers. Now with 2 handers you have that extra hand to add stability and balance so I don't think the accuracy issue is as prominent or even an issue if 2 handed delivery is done properly. Easier to adjust hand angle with 2 handed style.

Chats: 0

I've seen plenty of games shot by two-handers that were way under 200. Revs don't matter if you can't control the ball

If you look way back to my original statement, I was saying that two-handed bowling should have not been allowed by the PBA. We seem to have strayed wildly from that idea. Yes, we've all seen two-handed league bowlers who can't consistently hit a target within six inches from shot to shot. Many one-handed bowlers also cannot hit the broad side of a barn. Who cares? At the Professional level, however, where two handers are as accurate and consistent as one-handers, they have a tremendous advantage. As many, many league bowers emulate the pros, once the PBA dropped the ball and allowed it, the floodgates were opened... forever!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast