Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Two-handers

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by RobLV1 View Post
    If you look way back to my original statement, I was saying that two-handed bowling should have not been allowed by the PBA. We seem to have strayed wildly from that idea. Yes, we've all seen two-handed league bowlers who can't consistently hit a target within six inches from shot to shot. Many one-handed bowlers also cannot hit the broad side of a barn. Who cares? At the Professional level, however, where two handers are as accurate and consistent as one-handers, they have a tremendous advantage. As many, many league bowers emulate the pros, once the PBA dropped the ball and allowed it, the floodgates were opened... forever!
    Being a 2-hander my entire life (bowling for 25 years now), I can see why people are against it. At the PBA level however, EVERYONE should be as good as EVERYONE. You're at that level for a reason. Then again, guys like Tackett and TJ almost put as much revs on the ball as most of the 2-handers. I agree with your statement that the floodgates were opened. I was the only 2-hander I'd ever seen in the state up until about 5-6 years ago, now, almost every house has 2-3 (keep in mind, I live in WY). But, none the less, we all still have the same 60 feet, and the same oil pattern to read. If you read it better than a 2-hander, 9/10 times you're going to beat him
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

If you are a thumbless bowler two hands are the way to go. One handed thumbless is an effort in futility (except for Daugherty but I bet even he would agree if he could do it all over again he would start with two hands)

Pin Crusher
    Chats: 0

Once you hit puberty you should have to use one hand. MLB doesn't allow aluminum bats. What next urethane balls, exotic weight blocks?

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Once you hit puberty you should have to use one hand. MLB doesn't allow aluminum bats. What next urethane balls, exotic weight blocks?
    Personally, I think a better comparison is switch hitting. Should that be banned? It gives the batter an advantage vs. the pitcher for how well they can match up. But, it's within the rules the same as 2 handed approach is.

Maybe aluminum bat comparison would be better served against a weight block sitting outside of allowed specs or a super grabby new coverstock. An equipment thing, not a physical thing.

Funny, you should bring up baseball where players hold the bat with two hands and have been since the beginning....hmmm. Guess bowling was just late to the game in evolution.

Cranker
    Chats: 0

Quote Originally Posted by mc_runner View Post
    Personally, I think a better comparison is switch hitting. Should that be banned? It gives the batter an advantage vs. the pitcher for how well they can match up. But, it's within the rules the same as 2 handed approach is.

Maybe aluminum bat comparison would be better served against a weight block sitting outside of allowed specs or a super grabby new coverstock. An equipment thing, not a physical thing.

I'm with you on this. Switch hitting in baseball is a better analogy. Aluminum bats are more comparable to the belly putter in golf than 2 handed bowling.

Chats: 2

Quote Originally Posted by fordman1 View Post
    Nothing exotic, but see Rotogrip's new Hot Cell, getting released next week. Urethane ball with the Nucleus core. Meets this criteria
    • Current Arsenal: Storm Timeless, Storm Phaze II, Storm Pitch Black, Storm Drive, Rotogrip Hot Cell, Rotogrip Show Off, DV8 Turmoil Pearl
    • High Game: 300 (3 11 in a row) / High Series: 799
    • Current Average: 202 / PAP: 5" over, 1/8" up
    • Rev Rate: 425rpm / 2-Hands

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123